• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Snipers at the Super Bowl

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Wow!

super-bowl-sniper-2.jpg

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/pictures-surface-of-a-sniper-nest-at-the-super-bowl-are-they-real/

I'm not sure if this makes me feel safer or more scared.

Lets think about this, we have people that want us dead simply because we are Americans. They are willing to kill themselves in their effort to kill us. What makes a great target? How about something nationally telivised, that most Americans will be watching, and has thousands of soft targets not paying any attention around them other than what is on the field?

I think this has been happening for a long time and we just never know about it. It is the catch 22 scenario, if we know they are there we are appauled because the thought scares us, if something happens and they are not there we want to know why the hell they wern't.

Are they shooting through glass, netting, screen, or open window? Anybody know?
The tripod and rifle seem to be placed in back of a closed window. There seems to be a screen or sheet covering a open window to the right of the rifle.

Ripsnortr said:
I think this has been happening for a long time and we just never know about it. It is the catch 22 scenario, if we know they are there we are appauled because the thought scares us, if something happens and they are not there we want to know why the hell they wern't.

And that's the rub. We all want safety and security but at what cost? I guess we all know in the back of our heads that big brother is working behind the scenes but once that though moves from our subconcious to the front page we are a bit surprised at exactly what type of presence that safety entails.

If the SHTF I'd rather have them there than not.

J.L. said:
The tripod and rifle seem to be placed in back of a closed window. There seems to be a screen or sheet covering a open window to the right of the rifle.

If you look at the manned photos, the barrel is poked through what appears to be an open railing, no windows in it at all. They are masked by a banner from the looks of things. I don'd know what the second one is doing there though.

super-bowl-sniper-620x434.jpg

super-bowl-sniper-3-620x434.jpg

Ripsnortr said:
J.L. said:

If you look at the manned photos, the barrel is poked through what appears to be an open railing, no windows in it at all. They are masked by a banner from the looks of things. I don'd know what the second one is doing there though.

super-bowl-sniper-620x434.jpg

super-bowl-sniper-3-620x434.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics. I didn't bother to follow the link. ( I don't know why.)
The set up makes sense now. :oops:

Interesting. I'm with the group of thought that I'd rather have them there and nothing happen than not have them and have something happen. Does it worry me that at some point I may be in the cross hairs of a loaded weapon and not even know it ... sure, but it's a trade off. If it's to big brother for you, buy some wooded property miles and miles from any other person and call it good.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_1ixXlQ_9w[/youtube]

Wowzers. I wonder what they tell the people who maintain the grass why there's bullets in the center of the feild.

"Hey boss I was filling in a spot in the feild with some sod and as I was digging it out I found some some bullets!"
Ha..Im kidding. You know they would be cleaning them up.

Darn I lost track of this thread. Thanks for the video links. That's pretty cool, I like the angy bee sound.

Back