• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Spacer in Gas Assembty

dliebherr

Copper BB
I had to send my barrel in to get it fixed, the spacer in the Gas Assembly came out, I hadn't even fire it yet. All I did was take it apart to clean it and remove the plug. It's in there under spring pressure. I'm worried about it coming out again, I can't keep sending back to Mossberg every time I take it apart, because this spacer gets knocked out of place

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The gas assembly should not have to be disassembled for cleaning (The parts in the housing that the piston rides in).

There are numerous threads on here concerning that ring. It just pops back in place into a little groove for it. It's just a gas ring. I don't recommend trying it, but I wouldn't be surprised it the shotgun functioned perfectly fine without it. And like Mike said, there's no need to take all of that apart while cleaning. I just finger the cylinder with cleaner and a paper towel until it's clean, then scrub the pistol.

Back