1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

SSi-ONE arrived today

Discussion in 'Discontinued Mossberg Models' started by Headhunter2, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Headhunter2

Headhunter2 .410

Well my SSi-ONE in .223 arrived today as well as extra barrels - .243 & 12 ga slug. Hopefully I get to test at range tomorrow. Pictures later this week.
    John A., meanstreak and nitesite like this.
  2. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Looking forward to hearing how it does.
  3. Headhunter2

Headhunter2 .410

Well I had it to the range today but just for show and tell. I had dental surgery last week that is not healing correctly so didn't want any problems caused by recoil. I did shoot my Mossberg 42M instead.
  4. Headhunter2

Headhunter2 .410

Here is the picture.
    [​IMG]
    fellmann and old mossy like this.
  5. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

That's a good lookin' Mossy!
    fellmann likes this.
  6. Headhunter2

Headhunter2 .410

Had the SSi out to the range yesterday testing function. Breaking it open is a 2 handed affair. Not like some shotguns I have had that fall open when the lever is pressed. Had to get use to the automatic safety. A hard pull on the trigger does not work when the safety is on. From reports I read I was expecting a stiff trigger but it felt nice and crisp. I wasn't shooting for accuracy but the shots lined up to center of target. It was easy to ring the 100 yard gongs. I was surprised at the light recoil. My other .223 has noticible (but not harsh) recoil. Next week I will try the .243 barrel or sight the .223 in. Not sure which yet.