• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Star Luber/Sizer

terry2425

.270 WIN
It's been forever since my last post, just too busy and took some time off to hunt and relax in the middle of nowhere in Idaho. (Didn't want to come back home to CA!)

An old guy (late 70"s) came buy the shop with four boxes of loading stuff that belonged to his father. He said it had been sitting in his garage for years and he just wanted it gone.

The boxes were full of reloading equipment that was at least fifty years old. A lot of it is not usable except for two Star luber/sizers. It took a lot of cleaning and work to remove the rust, crud and old bullet lube from the machines. They are both now working and in very good condition. They have dies and top punches for 38/357, 45 ACP, 44 MAG and a couple of small rifle calibers. I'm guessing they are at least fifty years old.

The Star lube/sizer was the "Rolls Royce" of the sizing machines on the market, and in my humble opinion still are.

I feel like "Pawn Stars", after 43 years you never know what might come through the doors!

Photos of the old presses would be much appreciated. I don't reload, but I was a tool designer & always interested in old tools.

Cool!
I just bought my first set of dies, RCBS .30-30 for my 464 but I'm having my reloads done by an experienced friend.
He's been doing it 30 years & not accidently blown anything up AFAIK :rolleyes: This is his first .30-30 as he's always had .30-06 Rem.
He does .223 a lot so I may buy one, but he doesn't like Mossbergs. My 464 hasn't improved his opinion either. Yet.

I've got 4 boxes of brass he's just done, each in a diff load, each from a diff mfr.
He had one long case from 80 rounds fired & it was from the Fusion ammo.

That was the brand that jammed a lot.
Maybe their QC didn't justify the fancy price & I just paid extra for the fancy box. o_O

Back