• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Stock Swap?

Itsricmo

.30-06
Anyone know of the 4x4 Short Action will fit in the MVP stock?
Sorry if this was already discussed... I haven't been around as much as I should! Lol

Thanks
Rick

Itsricmo said:
I haven't been around as much as I should! Lol

Thanks
Rick

Yeah... get married and never see us again huh? :evil: :D

Totally don't have a constructive answer to your question by the way, but logic would say... if both of the short actions are roughly the same dimensions I don't see why you couldn't make one fit. I know, I'm no help :lol:

Married, Buying a House, Having a Kid... Lots of life going on right now :) :lol:
Absolutely no excuse though lol you guys are family too!

My thoughts are in line with yours.. Only issue may be the trigger guard and magazines...
I have a spare stock and am hopefully trading for a 4x4 in .308 which if I recall is a short action receiver.
I guess I'll only find out one way soon!

Thanks
Rick

Itsricmo said:
Sorry if this was already discussed... I haven't been around as much as I should! Lol

Thanks
Rick

I know it's been discussed, but I don't think anyone ever came to a conclusion… I'm hardly here either so don't feel bad.

Drats! Well I'm meeting the guy tomorrow or Saturday so I'll find out soon haha
Here is another question for ya...

I understand one could swap the barrel for a .243 and keep the same bolt but could one swap the bolt and barrel to make a .223?? Like buy an MVP barrel and a .223 bolt from OF Mossberg... Ideas?

Update... Stock Swap WILL NOT work... Trigger Guards are significantly different.
Not only that but the screw behind the trigger is placed ever so slightly further back.

Unfortunate....

rjpoog1989 said:
It's unfortunate that it won't work. I wonder why they were designed differently?

Proprietary Designs makes more money for the company... why do you think Apple does it.
Apple changed the Iphone 5 charger so that they would sell more accessories and get more from royalties for others using their design to make radios, chargers, etc...

Mossberg probably thought, hey.. if we make it so this has a "one of a kind stock" if they want another, they have to come to us! .. we may never know.

Itsricmo said:

Thanks
Rick

Nope.

MVP 5.56 is not a worked over short action. It is smaller in all dimensions so nothing 4x4 or ATR will interchange except maybe the trigger assembly.

wood chucker said:
Itsricmo said:

Thanks
Rick

Nope.

MVP 5.56 is not a worked over short action. It is smaller in all dimensions so nothing 4x4 or ATR will interchange except maybe the trigger assembly.

Yeah, the notation that it is "based off the 4x4 action" is a very vague term haha
Now I have an extra stock and nothing to do with it :O

I hear you.
In the case of the small action, "the 4x4 design shrunk in all dimensions to fit the 5.56 cartridge" would be a more accurate and effective description than "based off of the 4x4 action" but it doesn't convert to advertising script very well.

Back