• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Stopped for a grocery item and came home with .22LR ammo!!!

I know of a LOT of dads who had promised their son or daughter their first rifle when they turned ten or twelve or whatever, and they are now having trouble explaining to the child why they either haven't yet received their rifle or else they still have no ammo or range time for it.

well, good lesson on real life.
If this is actually the end of the world for some people I don't know what to say to that other than life's just not fair sometimes........adapt, overcome, your above ground its a good day .
Welcome to life kid, "I know I promised you a 22/ammo but this is out of my control" let go hiking, fly a kite ,play catch, go fishing, go to a game, go to a movie, shoot a bow,shoot a pellet gun, play paint ball, go camping, go swimming, build a tree house, here is how you change oil, change a tire.......on and on. Its a bummer but damn.

Last edited:
Stock up on archery equipment, once the bullets are gone, that's the next "in demand' projectile. ;-D

dont look now, ^^, don't forget the cameras in the parking lot......lol.

That's why I wear a black hoodie! ;)

Actually unless one has a little shooter on the learn, unable to tame any centerfire, unable to utilize air guns........This little quest for .22 long rifle that everyone is obsessed with is pathetic as hell.

I have 2 (not so) "little" shooters "on the learn" (11&13). While .22 is getting down to "dangerous" levels, .223 and 9mm supplies are ample (for now). So on a range outing we will shoot the ARs and pistols more accurately in order to "make it count". The Henry sees a lot more use lately and will fire just about any kind of .22, and 21? shorts will fit in the tube. Sadly, shorts are MORE than long or LR...

But it is still fun for them to be able to burn up a hi-cap mag of .22 once in a while, especially in the 597 or 10/22. Fortunately, neither gun is super ammo sensitive.

In talking (not complaining) with the clerks at the WM ammo counter, they inform me it is the same people waiting and buying when the ammo comes in. And they freely shared when the ammo comes in--I think it is usually Friday--and they start lining up at 8am (or used to) for 9am dept. open. From talking to people I know that go to flea markets, the same people have 100rd bags of ammo (at inflated prices) every weekend. I'd certainly like to sick the Dept. of Revenue on them, because technically, they should be charging (and paying the DOR) sales tax on new items being resold. :mad: If you want to be a business and gouge, you can collect sales tax just like any other business...

asking questions is a good thing, everyone needs that.
I have been seeing grown men acting like spoiled brats at the poor dude behind the counter. I'm not the biggest fan of LGS counter people but they don't deserve what they are getting over this. Not saying everyone is doing it but I have seen several on several occasions.
Sounds like you have it dialed in, other people are showing their kids how not to act when things are tight.....unless they are trying to sustain the wave of new entitled , me first, not fair generation that makes me so proud .

I've been getting bulk .22 rather regularly at my wal mart. Sometimes you hit it just right. But you have to be persistent about going there. Tonight I had 2 guys complain about the .22 situation but then poo pooed the idea of waiting. So myself and a few others got our .22 bulk boxes while they were home sittin on their hind ends.

Having myself learned that waiting a farking hour for some ammo pretty much sux, I respect what you've been doing.

But on a regular basis it's just not for me. I'll just choose to find something else to shoot.

I'm still rather pleased that I was able to re-populate some .22LR ammo during a WalMart visit, though.

I was able to find about 2000 rounds of subsonic at almost pre-panic prices this morning. It was somewhat inflated, but considering that's the first score of bulk subsonics I have seen at a price that didn't make me want to take a shower afterwards, I jumped.

Now debating on whether to go ahead and buy that Savage MKII FV-SR that I've wanted since first sight so my youngest can use it squirrel hunting this year. He has gotten to be a really good shot with the Marlin 60. A few of you have seen him go :) He's going to be a better shot than his old man if he keeps it up.

Though that probably isn't much of a feat, he sure gets a lot of pleasure showing me up. LOL

Back