• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Surplus 762 Nato

GR00VY

I have about 500 rounds of Argentinian 7.62 Nato surplus. I have used it in the past in my FAL and it works great. I recently picked up some more and as I was inspecting them I noticed some have a loose bullet. It is not loose where you can push it in or pull it out. To be honest you can't see it move, you can just feel it click back and forth if you grab the case in one hand and the bullet it in the other. It is a very small amount. I never noticed it on other rounds but some others could have had the same thing and I just never noticed it. Should I pull these and put them in new cases? Should I crimp down the cases and tighten it up? Should I shut up and shoot them?

So many choices....

1. It's a FAL, built to operate in war like situations under adverse conditions. Just shoot it.
2. How many other rounds were in worse condition but you never noticed and already shot them and everything is fine. Just shoot it
3. Roll it around on the ground and check how concentric it is. If it don't wobble, just shoot it.
4. If you can accurately crimp it without buggering up those rounds then do it. Just don't overdo it where you wind up creating a over pressure situation because its too tight.
5. Pull it and reload it in another shell if you have everything to do so.
6. It's a few rounds, dispose of it and move on. Not worth the possible dangers to you or the gun.

Let us know your choice and how it turns out.

Back