• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tactical Shotgun training video here

I filled 6 empties with painters caulk last night. Its all I had on hand. They're not set yet. Probably take a couple days with that amount.

John A. said:
Those look really good. :cool:

You get a big thumbs up from me.

Thanks John.
If these work pretty good, I might have to make some more with a straighter cut.

When filling them all the way up, it might take days for it to cure. Just watch out and make sure one doesn't pop open in your gun. That would be a mess.

Watermonkey, how did you find out about the classes you take?
I want to start looking around and see what I can find.

Where are you located?

I joined a local firearms forum. Found a few instructors. They got good feedback. Took a class and was sold.

3skulls said:
I'm going to let them cure for a couple of days then try them out.

Might be a little on the light side but they feel pretty good.

5aqegusy.jpg

With the clear hull and the white silicon, I figured that would help spot them as the dummies. Can't beat the price.

Those look great! I don't have any spent casings on hand so I went ahead and ordered a 4-pack of Snappy's Snap Caps from Amazon. They were $20 shipped, so at $5 a piece that's pretty steep, but they're supposedly realistic in weight. I got the Zombie Green color so they'll stand out compared to the other shells I have. I have two of the A Zoom snap caps that I've had for awhile so that will give me six total for a full side saddle. Getting out and getting some training has moved considerably toward the the top of my to-do list this year.

OhioArcher said:
I need to practice a bit differently since I shoot south-paw. No one I know has a left-handed gun so I'll need to practice on a borrowed righty. Roll it to the left, grab from the side saddle by going under the receiver.

That's how I've practiced some with the two dummy rounds I have; roll to the left, push the shell (brass down) down out of the side saddle with the middle finger of my right hand orienting the brass toward the thumb, then rotating the wrist up and around to pop the shell into the chamber, and drive forward. I need to work on using pinkie/first finger technique in the video, I naturally try to use a pinkie/thumb technique. I also need to practice going over the top of the receiver as I keep two slugs brass up at the front of the side saddle. Or maybe I need to re-think that strategy.

I'm in Louisville, KY.

Thanks! Looking at them today, they are still kinda soft.
I'm thinking maybe a couple of lead weighs and some Gorilla Glue might work better.

The snow is covering all my spent shells right now.

Good deal.

Please let me know how that works out.

Did some a while back. I wanted them to be the same weight as a live shell. If you look you will see about 10 or 12 pennies where the 00 buck would be.(ballance to cycle the same as a live shell's weight.) Topped it off with some wax. Same weight live and dummy rounds.

Attachments

• DSCF0026.JPG
    DSCF0026.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 30
Back