• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Anatomy of a Federal LE132

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
All the inside components

The wad. As wads go this is huge and heavy. Thick plastic and real deep. You can see that when it is in flight the air pushes through the wad opening the fins which in turn slows the wad letting the pellets exit in a tight group.

The pellets are nice but not perfect. Honestly they were a touch out of round and under size. They are an average of .31 caliber...copper jacket is nice

The payload in oz

The powder in grains

The buffer in grains considered part of the payload

Last edited:
Real nice Oli! I've considered doin just what you have, but I dont have the ability to put it back together! :lol:

I love that you have the shot cup/wad pictured! The cup is deep enough to house all the pellets, in comparison to say something like the Winchester wich isnt deep enough for a drop of water. The biggest difference between the FC wad and other loads is the way the fins open. The FC wad is more like petals that open from front to back and are attached at the back of the wad, where other target/bird loads are attached at the front of the wad and open at the back more similar in appearance to fins on a rocket.

I have been able to find the FC wad imbedded in my drywal targets at 25 yards in the center of the pattern. The wad stays with the load way longer than anything else I have seen!

Thanks Oli!!!

Cool, I can’t put these back together either because it thrashes them too much taking them apart by hand but I am salvaging the pellets.

I think I will be able to imitate the FC wad at least by 90% with the Ballistic Product wads I have that are unslit....I can slit them any way I want

Oli thanks for taking the time to create these "anatomy" threads. I am going to make a sticky and link all of your "anatomy" threads in it if you don't mind.

Rossignol said:
I love that you have the shot cup/wad pictured! The cup is deep enough to house all the pellets, in comparison to say something like the Winchester wich isnt deep enough for a drop of water. The biggest difference between the FC wad and other loads is the way the fins open. The FC wad is more like petals that open from front to back and are attached at the back of the wad, where other target/bird loads are attached at the front of the wad and open at the back more similar in appearance to fins on a rocket.

I have been able to find the FC wad imbedded in my drywal targets at 25 yards in the center of the pattern. The wad stays with the load way longer than anything else I have seen!
The powder end of the wad is interesting too. It has a bunch of little slits that look like they react to the charge and spread to fill the full bore ,like a foster slug, down the barrel and once it exits the barrel acts as a stabilizer and provides further drag on the wad. They probably dont open for a while because the plastic it so thick.In fact they dont open at all but rather deploys fins

Very informative...thanks for posting Oli !! ( BTW...I got the same scale :cool: )

Doc...sticky is a good idea !

Back