• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The EU is huntings us, they hate guns and they hate us

fellmann

Esoteric
Supporter
"
The EU Commission has asked ECHA to prepare a total ban on lead including :

- Lead in gunshot for use in terrains other than wetlands;
- Lead in other types of ammunition (i.e. bullets or pellets) for use in either wetlands or terrains other than wetlands;
- Lead in fishing tackle (i.e. weights, jigs and sinkers).

ECHA is now gathering information to support the ban.

The scope of ECHA’s investigation can be further elaborated to cover the following elements:
A. Lead used in gunshot for hunting birds and other animals (e.g.rabbits) in terrestrial areas (i.e. outside of wetlands),
B. Lead used in gunshot for ‘sports’ shooting, including training i.e. clay pigeons,
C. Lead used in bullets/pellets for hunting any animal (e.g. deer),
D. Lead used in bullets/pellets for ”sports” shooting, including training (indoor and outdoor) i.e. targets,
E. Lead used in fishing tackle (weights, lures, jigs) for recreational fishing,
F. Lead used in commercial fishing gear.

( Military uses are outside of the scope of the Commission’s request. )

Here is ECHA’s call for evidence :

https://echa.europa.eu/…/7d96a4a1-c102-8f8b-46e3-96d682b181…

ECHA invites interested parties to respond to the call for evidence by 16 December 2019.

In my opinion, anyone wanting to enforce a ban, should be forced to produce evidence a ban is needed. However ECHA seems to be doing it the opposite way around :

”The information provided will be used to determine if any derogations would be necessary in the event that a restriction was proposed. However, derogations cannot be proposed without adequate information on risk and socio-economic information, including alternatives.”

Seems the Commission is targeting hunters and sport shooters once again.

As a sportshooter, I think it is telling (and quite worrying) that ECHA chooses to put the word sport within quotation marks...

Pia Clerté, Sportshooter
"

Back