• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Throwing In The Towel

bu11Dawg

Copper BB
First I want to say thank you to everyone on this site. Your posts have been insightful, and I truly appreciate the information. My 715t had multiple issues, the main one being I couldn't get one round to feed. Not one. The customer service was subpar, and after going back and forth with them on how to get the issue resolved, I decided to do what I should have done from the start, and go with the M&P 15-22. Traded it in yesterday, and am much happier.

Thanks again to everyone here, and I hope your experiences are much better than mine.

i made the same move...as i had the same issues...it was a single shot, sent it back to mossberg and it came back better but had failure to eject issues, it went back a 2nd time, on my dime i might add, and came back good. unfortunately, i felt it was unreliable and wanted nothing to do with it.

the smith just seems to be so much higher quality and better built. i guess you get what you pay for, but at the price the 715t was, you should still get more.

Glad you got some closure and have a better rifle. The S&W is a very good choice.

Sorry you had problems with the 715, but glad to hear you found a gun that makes you happy.

I've yet to hear anything bad about the S&W's.

The S&W is good i agree (i have 2) but mine were just over $500. EACH! i bought a GSG 522 from dicks for $300. and IMO its just as good and reliable as the S&W. I think you are paying a little more for the name.

not just the name, the service, and quality.

and the store where i bought my s&w for $449 had the gsg for $550.

Congrats on the S&W.

Just because you weren't satisfied with the 715, you're still more than welcome to hang around here, so please don't let the bad gun take away from that.

Oh I'll stick around. I doubt this will be my last Mossy, I'm going to be in the market for a shotgun pretty soon. Its too bad about the 715t, I wanted to like it, it was just a bad first impression.

I have both the S&W and the Mossberg tactical - they are both good - i have not had a problem with the mossy - I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

Joe

speedyquad said:

WOW! $550.? now i paid $500. for my GSG AK47 .22 but the MP5 with the fat barrel shroud wasnt near that much. I did get it however before Sandy Hook and i think guns and ammo were way down in price around that time.

BowerR64 said:
speedyquad said:

WOW! $550.? now i paid $500. for my GSG AK47 .22 but the MP5 with the fat barrel shroud wasnt near that much. I did get it however before Sandy Hook and i think guns and ammo were way down in price around that time.

yep...seeing that price, i was surprised i got the smith for $450. it was about a 50 mile drive, but wirth it when one lgs was going to hit me for 519 and another lgs(the same one i bought the 715t from) quoted me $620 when he got more in...

Did not have issue but could never get use to the plastic shell so traded mine in on a 702 like it much better and it shoots fine wth the 25 rond mag something my 715t would not do.

Back