• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tried some PDX1 in 12G

Title says all.

Went out to my bud's place the other day and had found some of the PDX stuff in 12G so I had a chance to try it. Fired off half a box and was glad I did.

All fired at close range distance, I'd say we were about 7 yards away, no more than 10 max. I was very impressed with seeing how close the 3 OO buck holes printed near the slug hole. I expected it to spread a bit more. No tape measure on hand for any exact size groups that we shot but standing next to the upright plywood I could see most would have resulted in a center mass shot on a typical human torso having all 4 projectiles most likely hitting their mark. Sadly in my excitement I forgot to snap a shot of plywood afterwards. My apologies.

At indoor distances for a HD scenario if you can get the bead dead center mass it's going to be a bad day for any home invader if you are using some of these. Expensive yes for range fun but in a life threatening situation money well spent if you connect correctly.

As with most buckshot or slug loads, doing your part is crucial, they all get the job done but this stuff will do some serious damage for sure.

YMMV as usual.

Thanks for doing a rundown on PDX1 for us.

Pretty damaging stuff for sure!

Good writeup, thanks for the info..

And although the OO buck won't, the slug does not segment and will penetrate 1/4" aircraft grade Aluminum, even at (approx.) 35 yards. :) Just incase the perp decides to hide behind something, LOL.

I've patterned the PDX12 also, and been pleased with the results. I'm sold on the product. It isn't the very first round that is set to come out of my home defense shotgun, but it is waiting in line. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Back