• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Very first go at shotshell reloading.

TomcatPC

.270 WIN
Hello
Like the title says, my first go at loading 12 Ga. shells. 1oz. No.6 with 19.5 grains of IMR Hi-Skor 700-X in a Federal "Top-Gun" Hull. I used vintage Victorian era/early 20th Century kit and more recent (1960s) Lee Loader to get the job done. Want to keep this cheap plus I gravitate towards older firearms and gear anyway.
Mark

Recapping with vintage tool

Almost there, just need overshot card.

Very first shell loaded, and very first roll crimp ever.

First complete box loaded.

You, Sir, have some really cool shit. I love old-school tech and you really have a great belief in tradition that I admire and respect a LOT.

Good looking shells.

Now onto making 2 1/2" 16 ga. loads, for my "Newport Model WN" Crescent "Trade Name/Hardware Store" single barrel shotgun LOL!!!
Mark

Today I drove the hour long drive to the free MI. DNR Range I go to to make noise. I ended up only shooting shotguns today, no revolvers or my .22" cal. rifle. Just got drawn into shooting shotgun only today after I starting having fun shooting one person trap shooting. Me launching the target and shooting it myself, which takes a bit of practice, but gets easy as time goes by.

Anyway...fired 50 reloaded 12 ga. shells...not one misfire, and they all fed through my Model 500 just fine, chambered and ejected just like they should. Actually hit the clay pigeons quite a bit. Did better with my 16 ga. shotguns, but that is beside the point.

Also fired a 25 reloaded 16 ga. shells. I fired these out of a 1936 Remington Model 11 semi-automatic shotgun and every one cycled the action just fine.
Ironically, I had a brand new box of "Herter's" shells that the first one fired only got the barrel/bolt halfway back and I had to push it back by hand... But the other 24 shells fired and cycled the action like they should. I shot the Remington Model 11 the best today, with going on a 15 hit streak...a record for me.

Also fired 20 2 1/2" 16 ga. "RST" Shells out of my circa 1922 Crescent Victor single shot 16 ga. Starting to love that little gun as well, did alright with it. Need to load some more 2 1/2" 16 ga. shells. The RST Ammo was great by the way, if you have an older "Hardware Store" Shotgun or any older 16 ga. with shorter chambers they are the way to go. Or at least I thought they were a good deal.
Thanks
Mark

you had a great day !

my old Remington....hard to get a picture of it. I was originally my Great Grandpa's 12ga full choke. She's been drug through hell but shoots as good as the first day, mag spring is weak though, big time sky buster

TomcatPC,

You intrigue me. I shave every day with old Double Edge Safety Razors using shaving soap and a badger brush to lather. I have accumulated seven safety razors from the USA and Germany and England, some of which are over 50-years old. Seeing you doing what you do with your firearms and ammo makes me real proud that there are other men who appreciate old school quality.

I shave every day with old Double Edge Safety Razors using shaving soap and a badger brush to lather. I have accumulated seven safety razors from the USA and Germany and England, some of which are over 50-years old. Seeing you doing what you do with your firearms and ammo makes me real proud that there are other men who appreciate old school quality.

Double razors are making a comeback! LINK I have some oldies my dad used to let me "pretend shave" with when I was a kid... (sans blade)

Mark, cool seeing those old tools still doing their thing! :)

Back