• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

w00t ~~ got some .22LR ammo for the first time in a YEAR!!

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
Yep.

Been looking for twenny-two a lot since last Thanksgiving when it all dried up. It's been a frustrating time.

I did find 450-rd bulk boxes at a FEW sporting goods stores and gun shops many times...

For $129.95 or therabouts. :shock: :eek: :eek:

And I also found some rare CCI Mini-Mag 100-ct plastic boxes for $29.95 EACH.

Not very likely to happen,,,, cuz I'm not wired like that. I can load 100 .357 magnum subsonics with cast lead bullets for just the cost of primers and powder which is maybe five bucks and they shoot great.

BUT TODAY, at Academy Sports, I scored on 1400-rounds of .22 LR American-made hollow point for $65 out the door.

I'm good with $2.32/ per 50 since I ain't seen jack schidt for any American-made twenny-two for almost a year.

That is all.

Carry on........

Re: w00t ~~ got some .22LR ammo for the first time in a YEAR

Nice score Nitesite. I have only seen .22 ammo that I was willing to buy once this year and I happened to luck into it. I did the same thing and grabbed 1500 rounds but if I recall correctly it was closer to $80 after tax. It's a shame we get excited over something that should be available at the local convenience store. When I came across it they were literally still on a cart that had just been wheeled out from the stores storage area. They had 70 bricks that I was told use to last 6 months. They were all gone the next day.

Lucky! I've been slowly exhausting my stock pile of .22lr... I think I may have to switch to .223, I still have enough of that :)

I buy more than I shoot BUT that scope has expanded to reloading supplies and a couple of calibers that I don't reload - - like 22 LR.

The stock goes up but 22 has been falling for some time to a point where it was getting my attention. I do have more match 22 ammo than ever before but did break down and pay $.10 a round to add a 500 round brick from a rural dealer who always bass stock - no secret why!

7.63 x 39 is my other ammo that I buy - prices never really went wild - I'm picking up Tula and Herters for $6 a 20 and focusing on sp heavy gr. - plenty of practice rounds as its provably the round I shoot the least. I'm not sure that would be the case though in a lawless land!!

I have my neighbor pick up .22 for me. He's always working around at different parts of the state, so he keeps an eye out for me....

Congrats!!!

I'm still looking for a deal. I'm thinking back to when I walked by pyramids of bulk packs at any number shops and though that is the one round I will always be able to find and shoot.

MikeD said:
I'm thinking back to when I walked by pyramids of bulk packs at any number shops and though that is the one round I will always be able to find and shoot.

You and me both. Who could have thought it would be like this.

so now you have about 10,000 rounds of LR ?

oli700 said:
so now you have about 10,000 rounds of LR ?

I wish, Brother! Sadly, five years ago I could have had 10,000 rounds for the cost of just a few nights out of beer and wings with some of my buds.......

Scored 550 rounds of CCI mini mag today for more than I wanted to pay ($40) but still cheap enough to not pass it up.

aksavanaman said:
Scored 550 rounds of CCI mini mag today for more than I wanted to pay ($40) but still cheap enough to not pass it up.

How were those packaged, if you don't mind my asking? I usually see them in 100-ct plastic boxes around here.

They were 50 round paper boxes... On second look..they're standard velocity (1070fps). That's ok, if they don't cycle in the 10/22 they'll be marlin xt22 food ;)

Back