• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Week off, big changes

Water Monkey

The man, the myth, the monkey
Supporter
on a stay-cation this week.

Let's see what's been done so far:

Cleaned my handguns cause the past 2 months they've seen some sandy competition action in uspsa. Scored 8th in my production division and 9th in sub compact. Also cleaned out 15 mags full of sand.

Hit the Nissan dealership and left with a new Nissan Sentra lease. Handed in my Jeep Wrangler. Gonna miss her but with the new baby and the gas guzzler I needed a lower payment per month. Even changed insurance companies. Saved $200 per month total.

Yesterday had a 2 hour private lesson in Skeet. Worked on stations 3,4,5 and 8.
Definitely worth the money and I was breaking more consistently. Even had a chance to shoot my instructor's kreigoff k80. Wow. He put in sub gauge tubes and I shot 28g.... Dude no recoil. Amazing. He said I should start registered Skeet comps but I'm gonna wait another year to put more games under my belt.

Just finished spackeling my apartment. Moving to another apartment probably this weekend. Just waiting on the go ahead from the complex. Just moving to an upstairs unit across the court yard. People above me keep waking the baby at night and the insect problem is getting bad with ear wigs here every year.

Gonna hit a movie on weds. Any recommendations?

Water monkey

Two words, one awesome.

Same here. Staycation. :(

I gave the wife an extra $10,000 in February and said, "OK, this year we can finally go to Hawaii."

Fool that I was...

(NEVER give a woman all the money she wants, and then expect her to do what she actually said she wanted it for. )

Instead of Hawaii, we've been landscaping, pouring concrete, setting sprinklers, mulching trees, fixing fences, planting shrubs, setting drains, and bringing in lots of pavers, gravel, mulch, and compost. I'm exhausted, and went to the office today, on my vacation, just to avoid the back yard.

I won't complain loudly though. Our property might not appreciate as fast as guns in California have, but it's still a good investment.

Also my lovely wife has never complained about me buying a new gun every month of the last year. She doesn't complain that I own six computers or 25 custom pro-quality skateboards, or that I buy tools and hardware like a madman instead of putting more money in the 401k.

Crap, am I ranting here, or just bragging about how lucky I am? :rolleyes:

Back