• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What type/brand of sling is best? Yet cheapest?

tnxdshooter

Internet Troll
BANNED
What type/brand of sling can everyone recommend for their HD shotgun? I am looking to go the cheapest route here.

What type of sling do you want, one point, two point, carry strap ?

what do you plan on doing with your shotgun, just HD ?

regular carry strap type slings are cheap, like a traditional hunting sling.

oli700 said:
What type of sling do you want, one point, two point, carry strap ?

what do you plan on doing with your shotgun, just HD ?

regular carry strap type slings are cheap, like a traditional hunting sling.

I would prefer one point where I can just put it around my kneck and "let er hang" if needed. It will be used for home defense but occasionally i will swap the 28" barrel onto it and do a little hunting.

The cheapest youll find may be a GI cotton web sling, 1" wide in OD green.

I'm gonna throw my hat in on this for single points. I use a single point bungee sling from Botach. It includes the ITW CLASH hook, which is the HK style. You can always get the adapter to use it with a standard sling swivel.

The best part, its under $30, even multi-cam.

Botach, BDS Single Point

botach_2175_156057731

botach_2175_155982020

All very good leads. Natchez is in Chattanooga which is only about 45 minutes south of me. Shipping from there would not take long at all.

I just received their catalog yesterday, and was very happy to see that they had a boatload of stuff at reasonable prices. I need to see how much their shipping is though.

ripjack13 said:
I just received their catalog yesterday, and was very happy to see that they had a boatload of stuff at reasonable prices. I need to see how much their shipping is though.

Alot of the gun shops in this area use Natchez as one of their distributors.

Fronty Owner said:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Paracord-Rifle-Sling/

make your own.

All good leads heck I like the two and three points also saw a 3 point with quick detach that looked kind of cool.

I bought a 25 round bandolier and put 2 thumb clips on the end of it.

I paid $7 for the bandolier, and $4 for both the clips. I used 8 lb test spiderwire fishing string for thread and sewed it by hand, so that didn't really cost anything extra.

Made a darn useful sling for cheap.

bandoliersling051.jpg

John A. said:
I bought a 25 round bandolier and put 2 thumb clips on the end of it.

I paid $7 for the bandolier, and $4 for both the clips. I used 8 lb test spiderwire fishing string for thread and sewed it by hand, so that didn't really cost anything extra.

Made a darn useful sling for cheap.

bandoliersling051.jpg

I am not real mechanically inclined. I think I will just buy one pre-made.

Ya. I know. But if you were to make it, thats how much they go for.....

Back