• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Where has the time gone?

Great to see ya again, Brad. Hope ya got to shoot enough. Thank you for the eggs as well. I'll be cooking a few of them up this morning. Went back out after we finished to help set the rest of the targets (still quite a few). Actually, did more walking and talking than setting...LOL...we had 8 guys and 3 ATVs. Oh, and one Black Lab named Maggie.

Glad you guys got the targets worked out, sounded like it was gonna be a mess!

Good seein you to for sure, only sorry I didn't have more eggs available for you. We'll have to do it again and I'll make sure to have more set aside for you! :D

I love the optics on the DD rifle, I'd love to have the opportunity to try that out at 100 yards! I'm no marksman by any means but I think of my self as competent, I've never tried magnified optics out that far though and that seems to be very well set up. I got home and couldn't wait to tell my daughter!

I def had a good time, thank you!!!

You are welcome. Any time, Brad. Yes, definitely we will get out on the 100 or 200 yd range. Guess I should have done that yesterday. I'll have to bring out the spotting scope I use for archery to see that far...LOL.

Haha! I have a hard time seeing that far too! I've been able to do a clay pigeon at 80 yards unmagnified but I don't think that's the norm, I think the planets and stars briefly aligned for the right gravitational pull on that little 55 gr bullet.

Also, we talked briefly about the .45-70 govt. I had to find what I read. There was a test done in 1879 at 2500 yards with a 6' diameter target. At that time, the guy who did it was the only person to make that shot with 3 different chamberings and it did mention something about making a 3200 yard shot!

In any case, the development for military required 300 yard accuracy and volley fire at 600.

Back