• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Why are the Mossberg 930 Autoloaders on backorder?

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
I am looking online and it seems just about every vendor has all mossberg 930 autoloaders on backorder? I was looking to pick up a mossberg 930 autoloader model #85238 which is the combo 24" deer and 28" waterfowl.

This is not new for several versions. The 930 series in just about all forms has been in high demand. As more word gets out that demand has not dropped but has increased in some cases. The factory has always had a problem keeping the SPX supplied.
Add in that now you have Miculek and Hill and Flanigan jumping on board and moving the 930 into the 3 gun world and you are going to see even more demand by a wider range of users who previously were too busy leghumping Remington and Benelli to consider the Mossberg.
Thus, short supply.

I found a mossberg 930 autoloader with the 28" barrel only so I think I might pick that up for now.

76470_602668630236_16501575_34873169_6549764_n.jpg

149087_602668929636_16501575_34873171_947807_n.jpg

Thats sweet! Now you can strip it down to the receiver and start deckin it out! :)

Yea I may leave this one alone for a while because this is supposed to be my "trap, skeet and sporting clays" shotgun but will see. Next gun will be a mossberg 500 slugster with classic wood stock and forend.

I just picked up a 930 field/security model from budsgunshop.com. $515 OTD including FFL transfer fee of $10. Took 6 business days to process and ship. When I made the actual purchase last week, the item showed out of the stock the next day, however, when I checked back this week, there was stock listed.

FYI try www.prairiearms.com They had 9 SPX in stock when I placed my order. They also beat the total price of the gun + shipping from cheaperthendirt.com. I just checked and they are out of stock on the SPX for now.
Hope this can help somebody.
Joel

Its March now...and the 930s all seem to be on backorder.....does anybody know how long they have been on backorder?

I want the 85370....18.5" pistol grip 8 shot.....and ever since I decided it was THE gun I wanted....its killing me that I can't just go out and buy it.

Any tips on the best place to acquire one or even a place to "preorder" the easiest?

I've been talking to Dick's Sporting who can order one, but I have to manually call back every week for them to check stock....

I see them pop up on www.gunbroker.com but they are usually way overpriced. I guess you know you are buying a good thing when they simply can not keep up with the orders (and they are pretty large company).

Back