• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Why I don't like Winchester .22 ammo

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
The pics explain it. Running a few rounds this morning of .22wmr hp. Somehow had a Winchester hp in with the CCI. I've had similar problems fairly often with Win ammo, so thought I'd post a comparison pic or 2. The Win round was difficult to chamber and did not fire.

ccivswin.jpg~original

ccivswin2.jpg~original

winnofire.jpg~original

many times and I do find this true, is that one needs to find the ammo that the gun likes. the Winchester might work fine for others but just not for your particular gun.

many times and I do find this true, is that one needs to find the ammo that the gun likes. the Winchester might work fine for others but just not for your particular gun.

I doubt the serious problems with the winchester ammo as shown in the pics would be acceptable to anyone no matter what gun you stuffed in. This isn't the first time I have had major issues with winchester ammo, and this ain't my first rodeo. :)

What you're referring to are relatively minor accuracy issues. Not totally hosed cartridges like the one above and here's another one out of the same box I discovered when I came back in the house and inspected every bullet in it - which I did not even try to load. There were a few more which weren't this bad, but looked funky, that I also tossed. I may just throw every win cartridge I have in the trash.

crushed22case.jpg~original

Last edited:
I doubt the serious problems with the winchester ammo as shown in the pics would be acceptable to anyone no matter what gun you stuffed in. This isn't the first time I have had major issues with winchester ammo, and this ain't my first rodeo. :)

What you're referring to are relatively minor accuracy issues. Not totally hosed cartridges like the one above and here's another one out of the same box I discovered when I came back in the house and inspected every bullet in it - which I did not even try to load. There were a few more which weren't this bad, but looked funky, that I also tossed. I may just throw every win cartridge I have in the trash.

crushed22case.jpg~original
Don't throw it in the trash , find a safe place and bury it ,the garbage truck starts crunching it up may be a bad thing~~MM~~

Don't throw it in the trash , find a safe place and bury it ,the garbage truck starts crunching it up may be a bad thing~~MM~~

I appreciate your concern, however I'm way ahead of you. I live out in the woods, and have plenty of stump holes that I use for stuff like this. :)

Back