• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wich one should i get next?

BowerR64

.270 WIN
Since my 715 handle version is dialed in and shooting good im ready for another one.

One of these 3 im planning on next

Wichonenext_zpse37038da.jpg

all 3 are .22 wich would you get?

top to bottom:
GSG AK-47
Mossberg 715T flat top (i dont need the red dot i just happen to save that image)
M&P 15-22

I would go for the s&w m&p 15-22.....I handled all 3 the gsg ak feels decent and was the heaviest of the the 3 it does shoot nice 1" groups at 50y....the m&p 15-22 is the closest 22lr Ar next to the colt Ar 22.....I on the 715t ft and love it so far I've added a 4x38 scope, forgrip,laser site 45* offset pictinny with red dot mounted

I will admit the 223 is cool but the ammo would kill me. I just like shooting paper and .22LR is good enough for that for me. Longer distance just makes more challenge. The 223 is ridiculously loud i cant even stand being in a booth next to those guys. All i think every time i hear one is how much they are paying per shot.

Here they want $700. for 1000 rounds whats that make it? 70 cents a round? :roll:

Well i got the M&P because i have the matchign pistol. I knew ide eventually have the set! :mrgreen:
SampW15-22pair_zps01b22634.jpg

Top to bottom: M&P 15-22 carbine, Mossberg 715T, GSG522SD and the M&P 15-22P

Tacticalrimfire_zps2ab2c152.jpg

I got the carbine last night at about 8:00, then went by walmart and picked up an LED crosshair centerpoint scope. Took about an hour or so to mount it and set it up with a laser bore site. I went to the range today and only shot 30 rounds threw it and it was dialed.

I swear it took a couple clicks to lower the shots, a couple clicks over to the right and the second mag, second target i tore the center out. This was the easiest to setup firearm ive bought so far i was shocked.
MampP15-22carbinefirstday_zpsd6fa7598.jpg

Grats on the M&P and your growing ensemble of 22s!

Most ammo is up in price. Not everyone is at the mercy of the current market with stocks (and/or reloading supplies) purchased during more reasonable times. Not to gloat but I'm shooting 22LR that I bought last year or earlier. My .223 was purchased between .25-.40 a round and I reload for .20.

.223 is actually a small rifle round here's a page for a look at that vs others.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rifle_cartridges - it's a blast to shoot flat and true at 100 yds and beyond...

A friend of mine picked up the M&P 15-22 pistol last summer. It's a fun little gun. Congrats!

BowerR64 said:
I will admit the 223 is cool but the ammo would kill me. I just like shooting paper and .22LR is good enough for that for me. Longer distance just makes more challenge. The 223 is ridiculously loud i cant even stand being in a booth next to those guys. All i think every time i hear one is how much they are paying per shot.

Here they want $700. for 1000 rounds whats that make it? 70 cents a round? :roll:

Well i got the M&P because i have the matchign pistol. I knew ide eventually have the set! :mrgreen:

I got the carbine last night at about 8:00, then went by walmart and picked up an LED crosshair centerpoint scope. Took about an hour or so to mount it and set it up with a laser bore site. I went to the range today and only shot 30 rounds threw it and it was dialed.

I swear it took a couple clicks to lower the shots, a couple clicks over to the right and the second mag, second target i tore the center out. This was the easiest to setup firearm ive bought so far i was shocked.

you should join in on the online match in the competition shooting section.

I can speak for the GSG. They are fantastic. We own three. We also have two of there .22lr 1911 pistols. Great guns, fun to shoot, and you can customize them anyway you want.

If you get them, and 22 round mags are legal where you are I have 4 twin packs for sale.

Cool deal!
Glad to hear that...cuz its kind of a toss up between the GSG and the H&K to be honest.. I like them both.but no need in getting both.............yet. :D lol

BowerR64 said:

I have a few questions, tell me more about the scopes you have and why you have them? Also, I have not mounted a scope before however why so long (1hr) to mount? Also, laser bore sighting, is that necessary? Do you use iron as back-ups?

N1YDP22 said:
BowerR64 said:

you should join in on the online match in the competition shooting section.
Check the posts, I'm at the front of the line with my 702 ready to roll!!

Gunowner99 said:
BowerR64 said:

I have a few questions, tell me more about the scopes you have and why you have them? Also, I have not mounted a scope before however why so long (1hr) to mount? Also, laser bore sighting, is that necessary? Do you use iron as back-ups?

Scopes are fun and those i have are cheap. It just makes more fun to setup, tinker with and because they have mounts for them. Im a little older and with .22 it makes it easier to see the target and where i hit.

It took me an hour because the first one i got came with to short of rings. This M&P is different then the mossberg its charge handle is in the back so it needs to be raised a little bit so you can grab it. Does an hour seem like that long? i kinda took my time i guess

The bore site just makes siting it in easier to me. I measured off 45' in my house and i slip the laser down into the bore then i adjust the cross hairs so they are on the red dot. When i get to the range im already hitting the paper i just need to fine tune it. It seems to work for me this way

Bpr-1 said:
Hows that GSG522? Im looking at getting one of those next.

Its good quality i think for the price, it isnt the name of sig or S&W but for the money they are every bit as well built. The 522SD shoots great and has a very cool look i think. It almost seems slightly smaller in a way.

This one is GSG also, just got it today.
AK-47small_zps3c8c5f87.jpg

cdarmssupply said:
I can speak for the GSG. They are fantastic. We own three. We also have two of there .22lr 1911 pistols. Great guns, fun to shoot, and you can customize them anyway you want.

If you get them, and 22 round mags are legal where you are I have 4 twin packs for sale.

I agree i would recomend them to anyone looing for a nice .22 carbine. It doesnt have all the rails and stuff on it but i got it for that barrel shroud has a cool supressor look.

Of the 3 on my list ill just have to get the FT 715T now! lol

GSG-522's also make nice centerpieces.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365088504.643452.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365088504.643452.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 394
Back