• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Would you rather

dieselmudder

.30-06
Elite Member
"Philanthropist"
Have 18 rounds of 9 mm or 9 rounds of .45 available. Both will be Hornady self defense ammo. 2 different weapons, can be set up the same with light,laser combo. This is an under the mattress, night time home defense weapon. In a rural setting.

absolutely no preference,I would use the one I shot best.
I have one that carries 20 9mm and an 11 or 16 round 10mm auto ,depending on the mag, for my regular everyday pistols
I carry the low capacity one as my concealed choice because of size and its a crap shoot at home which one is closest to me.
I am confident with both and realize power is second to placement when it come to pistols even though the power difference between the two is quite considerable

which ever you shoot the best.

I wouldn't want to be hit with either one to be honest.

As previously stated, I would use the one you are best with. Having said that, if you shoot both the same, I would go with the highest capacity. Good placement and enough to take on what you need to until you get to better cover, more ammunition, account for everyone, or get to a long gun.

Since you say a rural setting, I would guess it's you and any family against intruder(s). I assume you have extra magazines and a couple strategically placed for reloading.

I'd go with the 9mm for it's greater capacity if you shoot both the same.

just as others stated, i would choose the one i shot better with. if shootign ability equal i would go for the higher capacity. only thing i would change is i prefer gold dots ;)

Back