• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Accessories...

Re: New 930 - questions

There are 2 different 930 breacher models...

85330 - 930 Home Security

85336 - 930 Tactical

The only real difference is the heavy barrel with the matte black finish and fixed heat shield on the Tactical model...

See if Dawson Precision, Inc. has any Nordic +2 magazines in stock, I received mine in the mail just two days ago so they may have some in stock. Don't go by what website says give them a telephone call.

Guys you might want to be sure and double check your barrel. I have one with a breacher and right before the breacher part of the barrel the O.D. of the barrel increases which could make it a little harder mounting the mount. If someone could give me the widh measurements I will check mine and tell you if it will fit correctly or not. You can even see the step in the picture above with the gun with the heat shield even tho mine does NOT have the heat shield

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, I did get it from Walmart. I do see that the breacher barrel has 2 "steps" before it fully bells out, that's why I was concerned that the clamp may not fit, since I do not have the dimensions of the NC nut or the clamp.

**edited to add - Dawson's Precision is out of stock. Guess I'll stick with Midway since I can backorder.**

I'm also running the same Model 930 with "Stand-Odd/Breacher" barrel so I'll be following this thread for more info as I'm looking to do the same 2 shell extention in the near future as well s installing a rail assembly.

But for right now I'm looking at an ammo issue. I recently purchase Winchester AA "Low Recoil/Low Noise" Target Loads. It wasn't until I got home that I realized that on the bottom of the box it states, "USE in break open & pump shotguns only. Do not use in semi-automatic shotguns as load may not function the firearm's action."

Now without the receipt in hand and maybe even if I had the receipt, they wouldn't exchange the ammo. Upon asking around other's that know more about shotguns than I, about this ammo, everyone seemed to agree that it should work just fine because of the barrel being as short as it is. Now what the length of the barrel has to do with this ammo working, IDK but that's why I'm bring this to you guys that actually run Mossberg 930's with a 18.5" barrel. Will this ammo work? If not, what ammo would you suggest that has a controllable recoil for quicker follow-up?

Tango Down said:
I'm also running the same Model 930 with "Stand-Odd/Breacher" barrel so I'll be following this thread for more info as I'm looking to do the same 2 shell extention in the near future as well s installing a rail assembly.

But for right now I'm looking at an ammo issue. I recently purchase Winchester AA "Low Recoil/Low Noise" Target Loads. It wasn't until I got home that I realized that on the bottom of the box it states, "USE in break open & pump shotguns only. Do not use in semi-automatic shotguns as load may not function the firearm's action."

Now without the receipt in hand and maybe even if I had the receipt, they wouldn't exchange the ammo. Upon asking around other's that know more about shotguns than I, about this ammo, everyone seemed to agree that it should work just fine because of the barrel being as short as it is. Now what the length of the barrel has to do with this ammo working, IDK but that's why I'm bring this to you guys that actually run Mossberg 930's with a 18.5" barrel. Will this ammo work? If not, what ammo would you suggest that has a controllable recoil for quicker follow-up?

I recommend ammo that has greater than 1200 fps for semi autos. Keep in mind that tests have shown many companies are 'hopeful' when they rate fps. Using a chronograph I have seen discrepancies of ~50fps. I have good luck running Winchester super X 1290fps and above in my 930.

Welcome aboard!

The general rule is that the 930 platform doesn't seem to like any ammo rated below 1200fps muzzle velocity, especially when during break-in. Below that and you'll begin to see extraction and ejection issues. However, some folks here report running sub-1200fps loads in their 930s with no isues. I run a lot of Federal Tactical 2 3/4" 1 oz. Truball low recoil slugs (1300fps) through my 18" 930 Tactical with great results on target...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Welcome aboard!

The general rule is that the 930 platform doesn't seem to like any ammo rated below 1200fps muzzle velocity, especially when during break-in. Below that and you'll begin to see extraction and ejection issues. However, some folks here report running sub-1200fps loads in their 930s with no isues. I run a lot of Federal Tactical 2 3/4" 1 oz. Truball low recoil slugs (1300fps) through my 18" 930 Tactical with great results on target...

I thought that the manual said to never run slug ammo in the Model 930's?

As far as the low recoil loads that Tango Down purchased, they should fire in your gun, it just most likely will not extract/eject the shell. You can still cycle it manually. They won't damage the shotgun, it just won't function as intended....unless anyone would disagree?

Dont run slugs in a 930? Thats hard to believe since they sell slug barrels for the 930.

JB

I looked through my manual. The only reference I see to slugs (but I did quickly scan over it) was on page 22 in reference to shooting slugs through the "overbored 935 accu-mag" barrels while talking about choke tubes. You definitely would not want to shoot a slug through a choked barrel, but I don't see any reason a stand off barrel would not be just fine. I plan on using slugs in mine, but that would be your decision.

Back