• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by 50126 and 50694

1. 5

Firing Pin Spring - Remove?

The shop volunteered that they wanted to see if they could fix quickly, because Mossberg can take forever. Plus in NJ there is a cost associated with a ‘free’ return, due to FFL. PLUS, I work with a guy who used to be an engineer at Mossberg and he said they are always looking for reasons to...
  2. 5

No clue OR they are regretting volunteering to look at something that they aren’t getting paid for by anyone. They prolly figured it would be a 10 minute job, but we all know there’s no such thing… Porsche is pretty good now as far as parts availability and aftermarket support - I was...
  3. 5

Still nothing from local shop, in case anyone is waiting for the answer here. After having gone through the entire thing with the gunsmith in person and disassembled (does not fire at all, light strikes, ammo fired fine in a Remington 870, 870 ammo did not fire in 590, Hornady did not fire in...
  4. 5

Mossberg 500 Firing Pin Spring Check

It’s certainly not an optimal situation and I will definitely post here when I have the answer and it’s straightened out
  5. 5

Mossberg 500 Firing Pin Spring Check

Bump - the aftermarket spring link is no longer active - can anyone recommend a softer spring? Thanks!
  6. 5

My brand new 590 is also light striking. Also has firing pin spring that is VERRRY stiff. Currently with gunsmith at local shop where I purchased as he wanted to look at it before I returned to Mossberg or did anything myself. He also is leaning towards the spring being the issue - will...
Back