• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by charliexjustice

1. charliexjustice

Whats your sling?

Any suggestions from you or anyone on how to modify a Mossberg 500 field security combo with magpul furniture to add QD mounts? My 12g doesn't seem to have QDs.
  2. charliexjustice

Mossberg 500 field/security combo action slide too short for magpul forend

Sorry, just logged in after months and saw your reply. I kinda forgot all that I did at this point, but from what I remember I needed to dremel down the magpul forend more to get the action bars to slide over it correctly. I was wary of over modifying the forend and making it unusable, though.
  3. charliexjustice

Here is my last question, though: should I alter the rear opening of the magpul forend by dremelling the ribs back about 1/8" so that the action slide is more completely covered, or does it even matter if the forend covers the action slide? My old wood furniture covered the entire action slide...
  4. charliexjustice

UPDATE: I got the Hogue nut sooner than expected. My mother in law brought over a dremel and I watched a bunch of Youtube videos that were interesting but not really what I did. Most guides seem to show dremmeling off the top of the forend itself to make room, and also shaving a lot out of the...
  5. charliexjustice

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

I just picked this avatar because it's a funny Soviet era (self parody at this point) propaganda against alcohol, and for guns apparently. I'm stone cold sober since age 15 and own guns so...
  6. charliexjustice

Greetings from Sacramento, CA

Hello, I was looking for a solution to my problem I posted about in my other thread, tried reddit and didn't get a lot of help, saw that this was an oldschool forum for mossberg specifically, and decided to make a post. Great luck with all the replies! Great to meet you all!
  7. charliexjustice

Thank you all! I ordered the Hogue adapter nut, shipping was almost as much as the nut lol, and the cheapest deal I could find will take till the end of the month to get here. I called my Father in Law, he has a Dremel he can show me how to use to modify the magpul to fit the action slide with...
  8. charliexjustice

Thank you! Are you aware of any adapters that would fit the magpul without modifications?
  9. charliexjustice

Thanks for the reply! I'm just not optimistic about modifying the magpul forend with a dremel to make it fit the action slide. Is anyone aware of any extenders for the action slide that would fit the magpul stock?
  10. charliexjustice

So I bought this model in 2021 with nice, tasteful wood furniture. Wood is great, but not as practical as magpul grip and m lok rails for a flashlight (primarily home defense gun). Ordered the Magpul SGA stock and Magpul MOE Forend. Stock is now attached, but when I tried to add the forend...
Back