• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by kwb377

1. K

XS Big Dot on a Shockwave

Unless it's a vent-rib barrel, you should be able to mount one using a 5/40 tap. I've mounted the XS Big Dot on a few of my 590's, and on a S&W Model 3000 using a drill bit/5-40 tap kit I got from Midway (if I remember correctly).
  2. K

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Picked up a lightly-used 590A1 this afternoon (lower left in pic) to go with the other 88/500/590 variants...
  3. K

MC2c who's got one?

*delete...
  4. K

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

590 with wood swapped from my 500A...
  5. K

Stupid question about racking (retrograde)

My quote from the thread you posted a couple of days ago on arfcom asking this question and got lots of good advice...
  6. K

500/590 12ga parts accs

Another reason may be that someone looking for a pistol grip isn't also interested in a buttstock shell holder, and vice-versa. :)
  7. K

Mossberg 3000 Police

I found another M3000 cheap on GB and picked it up from my FFL this afternoon. This one has a deep polished blue finish and other than slide wear on the magazine tube, it looks to be in near-unfired condition. I may set it up like the park'ed version, or may go ahead and SBS it.
  8. K

Magazine Tube Question

I'm having the same luck as the OP with an M88 I picked up over the weekend...acetone/heat/strap wrench haven't worked so far. The mag tube on my other M88 simply unscrewed by hand when I changed the follower on it.
  9. K

Mossberg 3000 Police

The Choate extension came in yesterday, and I added an old CQB Solutions sling w/ stock mount and a GG&G Benelli Nova front sling mount from my parts bin. Took it out today to check pattern/POI. No issues...a few shells were weak ejecting, but most flew out with gusto (don't know if it was me...
  10. K

Shotguns: non-Mossberg

I carried Remington 1100/1187P's at work for 25 years and had my own personal 1187P, and other than not cycling the lightest LE "low recoil" loads, they worked fine. I kept reading all the Benelli M4 / Beretta 1301 hoopla and thought "Meh...my Remmys work just fine. How much better, especially...
  11. K

Wheel GUNS!!

I also "won" a mid-60's (don't know the exact serial # yet) 28-2 on GB yesterday. From the pics, it looked to be pristine, and went for $100 - $200 less than a few other newer (and in worse condition) 28's I'd been watching recently.
  12. K

Wheel GUNS!!

1975 28-2, 1973 19-3 Texas Ranger Commemorative, 686-6 1987 586-1 629-6 1975 Trooper MkIII SP101 1953 Official Police Ruger Single Six Ruger LCRx .38+P
  13. K

Mossberg 3000 Police

I got curious about the timeline of Speedfeed stocks and Googled "Davis Company Speedfeed" and found the following trademark info... The Speedfeed brand has since been sold to Safariland.
  14. K

Mossberg 3000 Police

We had SpeedFeed stocks, with internal shell holders, on some of our issued 1100's in the mid '90's. In fact, that's where I'm guessing they got the name...from the ability to quickly dispense ammunition to the shooter from the stock. ;)
Back