• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by nathanotis

1. N

Shockwave mods and questions/issues?

Update. I took advantage of a deal at Scheels and picked up a 14er. Tragically, I lost the other one in a boating accident.
  2. N

Thanks for weighing in guys. I've run this serial by Mossberg customer service and they confirmed it's the 18" barrel and it's a genuine (though less popular) varient of their Shockwave. @John A. I don't have the box anymore @Rodburner I suppose a "benefit" of the rarely spoken of 18"...
  3. N

The gun was purchased new. And it was definitely a shockwave. I simply had no idea that there were other barrel lengths. I could make a stink about it, but I think this one was on me. The way forward: buy or trade for a 14" barrel, or... What are the legalities of cutting down the barrel?
  4. N

Thanks, TC. I'll check out the e-bay option. I would have been willing to work with NDZ, especially since I would like to install a more obvious follower for visual clearing and I like their offerings. But they've been really difficult to work with both through Amazon, and when I contacted them...
  5. N

:omg: Thank you! I had no idea such a thing existed. I just cracked the safe and measured. Sure enough, 18" barrel. This is the solution to my fore-end position issue. (I need to decide how upset I am about getting a firearm with a barrel 4" longer than I thought I was getting...) With regard...
  6. N

Hello, all. I got my shockwave new from the shop a few months back. I ran a couple boxes through it at the range and decided I liked it enough to want to make it better for my use case. In the process of installing a laser saddle, a safety switch with a larger ridge and a flash light out front...
  7. N

Hello from Colorado!

Picked up a Shockwave a few months back, ran it a little, made some changes (more prominant safety switch, laser saddle and mag tube flashlight) to make it a more effective home defense weapon). Now, I've got some questions. I'm off to the Shockwave forum! Glad to find you folks here!
Back