• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Pete Diaz

1. Pete Diaz

Mossberg 464 R.I.P.

Its possible lightning may strike twice in the same place lol...
  2. Pete Diaz

Trigger Improvement

Have you had work done on your trigger, replaced it or lightened the pull? I'm not a fan of the trigger feel on my 464 & was wondering what I need to know to make my trigger better. I'm in central TX if you have a recommendation for a competent gunsmith.
  3. Pete Diaz

Rounds Sloshing Around

So I cleaned up the magazine tube with my Schwab-its & it came out reddish brown. I also found the old follower stuck in there & removed it. Installed the new brass follower & all is well in 464 land again. Cycles, fires & loads as it should. Thanks for all the help gents.
  4. Pete Diaz

Mossberg 464 R.I.P.

Tell him to get a sling shot instead
  5. Pete Diaz

Rounds Sloshing Around

Well I got the brass replacement follower & installed it; upside down, right side up, not sure but it didn't work in either case. There was no resistance when inserting a round. I think I'm going to use my bore sight light & see if I can find the problem.
  6. Pete Diaz

Mossberg 464 R.I.P.

Don't waste your time trying to find one. Its not a well made firearm. Why do you thing they discontinued it. If you have one & its not a lemon, you're lucky.
  7. Pete Diaz

Rounds Sloshing Around

Thanks, found one on ebay, brass, $21 w shipping. Will update once its installed. When I saw a picture of the little orange bugger, I knew I saw it somewhere but not sure where. So it must've fallen out & I just ignored it.
  8. Pete Diaz

Rounds Sloshing Around

Thank you very much, I have a feeling mine may have fell out. I'll start looking for a replacement metal one. Does anyone have a recommendation for a aftermarket supplier for Mossberg parts?
  9. Pete Diaz

Rounds Sloshing Around

Just out of the blue I started having problems with rounds advancing when cycling the lever (they would get jammed up) & I could hear rounds sliding around in the tube. I disassembled the lever & bolt & cleaned things up which cured the cycling problem but I can still hear rounds sloshing around...
Back