• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Salberg

1. S

The UN Small Arms Treaty

And according to the constitution, a president cannot make a recess appointment while congress (even if it just 1 Rep or 1 Senator) is in session. Elena Kagan ring a bell?
  2. S

The UN Small Arms Treaty

This global gun grab is coming to a head this July 2nd. The current administration is fully behind it and considering their attitude towards the constitution and our national sovereignty I believe it to be a real threat to our national and personal safety. I'll spare you the inventory of fascist...
  3. S

"waxed" birdshot

Hi, First ,if this has been covered please advise. I have been seeing a few u tube vids on "making" and shooting results of wax shot shells. I'm sure some are familiar with these vids. I was wondering about the legality, both criminally and the civil liability of these modifications. They...
  4. S

gun lubricants

WD 40 is flammable.
  5. S

gun lubricants

Hey, What about Brake Free CLP or Shooters Choice? I guess at some point it becomes like chocolate or vanilla. Happy New Year, Sal
  6. S

Barrel Break In?

Sirs, Thank you for your excellent replies. I guess I should have known but better to ask. as they say 1 "aw s***" wipes out all the "way to go's". Thanks again. Sal
  7. S

Barrel Break In?

Hello Gents, Do shot gun barrels need to undergo a break in procedure? I'll be using 2 3/4" 00 Buck and 1 1/8oz slugs. What lubrication (CLP has been recommended) would do the job for the slugs or should the barrel be dry? Talking 500 and 590. I hope this doesn't get me busted down to Copper...
  8. S

Firearm registration

Hello Gentlemen, I've (since my last post) collected all make, model, caliber, serial#, date purchased (where possible) and store purchased from and created an Excel sheet. I have copied this file to 4 seperate computers, a cd and printed copies for a few relatives (sealed envelopes) to hold...
  9. S

Firearm registration

I followed the links an got the info I wanted. I was in the process of posting a reply yesterday and noticed the links. Thanks for the help. And thank you to all for taking the time (most precious thing we have) to respond. This is a great forum. :D
  10. S

Firearm registration

He said it "should" have had a registration number that I assume refers back to the original paperwork file created at the time of purchase. And it was a single receipt for the two. I have a receipt for another rifle bought through a well known online site which was shipped to an ffl in my state...
  11. S

TM for 500 and 590

If the offer is still open I'm at: Sal.vvv@verizon.net Thanks either way.
  12. S

Firearm registration

Is there a registration number I should record along with the serial # of my guns? I bought my first 2 rifles (An AK variant and a M/B 500 18" pump) at a gun show in my area. A friend of mine, who is a lifetime shooter, kind of implied that something was not exactly right with the receipts. I...
  13. S

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: WHOLE LOT OF NAKED 590's IN HERE!!! With no offence my 20" m590 is heavy enough as it is. What's the weight (I know it's improper to ask a lady her weight) on that. Doesn't all that for end cool increase the swing time?
  14. S

M590A1 Tube Capacity

Dear Mega, Just noticed your from my favorite town, though I'm not a "donator" when I go. I see shows, rent super cool cars from Rent A Vet and come home with pictures, smiles and memories. Talk about being a classy guy, I got married (for the absolute LAST time!!!) at the Little White Chapel...
  15. S

M590A1 Tube Capacity

I think you hit it. The shells I was loading were Rio brand and were imprinted 2 3/4" and measured the same unfired. I had no idea that shells were measured after expansion. So would you consider these Rio's 2 3/4" or 3 :?: As far as where I got my assumption about the 8+1 load thing, please...
Back