• Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Recent content by Yacol J

1. Y

Mossberg 464 SPX tactical lever rifle

Yup. No more 464.
  2. Y

Mossberg Model 479

Is this a new gun?
  3. Y

Mossberg 464 R.I.P.

I've been thinking. Lots of newer lever guns have popped up in the last few years. The Marlin dark series, ruger has their hand in it, Henry has made new guns. Maybe Mossberg's sales were down on the 464, and this is their way of bowing out. Either way, I'm keeping my Spx.
  4. Y

Mossberg 464 R.I.P.

I have a 2012, first gen 464 SPX. Mine also has worked flawlessly. The price of these guns have went up an surely will go up more. I'm glad that I jumped on mine as soon as I saw it.
  5. Y

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Photo Gallery

I own 2 500's. I've never seen that on my 500's.
  6. Y

What's "wrong" with the 464

Also to add to the other answers, I have never had an issue with my 464 SPX. I've read about stringing issues. I've read of extractors breaking. I've read of feed issues, but haven't had a single issue out of my very early model 464 SPX. Maybe because it is an early model, or maybe because it is...
  7. Y

Mossberg 464 SPX tactical lever rifle

I was doing some looking around on YouTube. A guy says that new 464 SPX's are going for $650! I looked up one on gunbroker.com. A used one's current bid is $680!! I almost thought about selling this gun. But I love this thing too much to sell it. I'm only in it for about $500 bucks, but up $150...
  8. Y

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Photo Gallery

Honestly, I've never had an issue with my 464 spx. The trigger, accuracy.....everything runs great on that gun.
  9. Y

What calibers do you shoot?

And 223 5.56 for the last year.
  10. Y

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Photo Gallery

Never shot a .410. Sounds fun though.
  11. Y

464 Brush Gun Purchase

Oooooh. It's been years. Amazon, or gunbroker.com....maybe.
  12. Y

First generation the rails were removable. People cried that they were sharp and cut them. Usually they weren't using the included rail covers. Mine is gen 1. Yours is gen 2.
  13. Y

My gun was already drilled and tapped. I bought a two piece rail from gunbroker.com years ago. It screwed right on. One with two screws in the front rail section, and two in the back section. Also the shells come out just fine. They hang up if you short lever it.
  14. Y

Ammo available in your area.

Fortunately for me I am a member of a gun range that sells to members first. I got 500 rounds of 556. Costed about $350 bucks, but safety is worth it. I used to pay $7.50 a box for 556, but what can you say? You gotta have it.
  15. Y

What calibers do you shoot?

Man that's horrible. It's like loosing family. I watch a YouTube guy named Colion Noir. He has apparel that says, "I lost my guns in a boating accident" as a joke. But this is no joke. No joke at all.