• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. C

Kind of Surprised at this...

I have researched, and finally ordered a heat shield. Ordered one of the Masen polymer heat shields, as it got good reviews, mostly, and it will serve a very good purpose for me. One of my favorite features of the Mossbergs, in contrast to my past of 870'dom, is the open feed chamber. You can...
  2. C

Front sling stud Alternate location

So, curious, as to this idea I have. I currently have the pictured sling stud, installed in the factory barrel lug location. I'm wondering, if I could tap the side of the barrel lug where circled, and reinstall the stud there. This would facilitate more of my preferred side slide method. I...
  3. C

First time out Range Rep

Well, first night out with my new to me Moss 500. Coming only from 870s in my past, I was excited after a 7 year shotgun hiatus, to get back out. I was right to be excited. My 1987 500 ran absolutely beautifully, and I only short stroked it once. :D Just not used to that recoil. Ran...
  4. C

Receiver Finish Question

So.... Before anyone stones me for ever considering doing this to any gun, I'll explain why... BTW: I am loving everything about this new to me 500... Which, looking at the serial number chart here on this forum, My serial prefix J932 indicates it was manufactured sometime in early 1987...
  5. C

New Here and Have a Question

Howdy, I'm new to the forum, and a converted Rem 870 guy. :) Owned a couple 870s over the years but just got bored with it back then and sold them. I'm Chris, from the Phoenix, AZ area. I didn't post on the new member intro forum as I already have a question. Got the 12 Ga bug again from...
Back