• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. WVDeere

Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag Pump Action Photo Gallery

Here’s 20-30 and 40. After 20 and 30 I moved it 2 clicks to the left.
  2. WVDeere

The long beard choke pattern was about the same but left a few inches. I Like the looks of the factory choke on the 835 its fatter to match the barrel size so that’s what I’m going to go with. Long Beard choke was a waste of $65.
  3. WVDeere

40 yards. Factory choke. #6 Long beard XR.
  4. WVDeere

That’s the plan. Going to pattern it this week with long beard xr 5s and 6s. Factory choke and long beard choke. See what it’s got.
  5. WVDeere

Made it home. Ejector was little sticky and mag tube was plugged from the factory. First gun I’ve ever bought with a plug in it.
  6. WVDeere

Saying goodbye to my old 835 tomorrow. Trading it for a new one with a Holosun on it. 8 inch shorter barrel should be nice to carry. And I’m a fan of the red dots. The one on my 940 is awesome. Hard to go back to bead sights.
  7. WVDeere

940 Pro Tactical

Second trip to the range. Out of 150 mixed buckshot, slugs, low brass, and 3 inch turkey loads I only had 1 shell get caught on the edge of the chamber loading. Lightly touched it and it went in. I have to say I believe it is fixed. Seems to cycle smoother the more I use it.
  8. WVDeere

940 Pro Tactical

After about 200 rds of a wide variety of loads the 940 seemed to run everything good except one box of Winchester high brass fast clay shells. For some reason it would not extract them reliably. They were 1350fps. Everything else was I believe 100% perhaps one failure to extract. My cousin has a...
  9. WVDeere

940 Pro Tactical

Well it’s back. Mixed feelings. Looks like Mossberg replaced the red dot and replaced the elevator. I put about 75 rounds through it and it’s way way better. I still had 3 failure to ejects. They were all the same Winchester 1350fps Fast target loads. I shot 25 of those. Plus 25 low brass and 25...
  10. WVDeere

940 Pro Tactical

Mossberg is sending mine back this week. Fingers crossed they got it fixed. Have been talking to a guy on youtube that had the exact same issue. He is getting his back this week also. Seems there's definitely been a bad batch of them. Hope its fixed.
  11. WVDeere

940 Pro Tactical

We are a similar breed. I am brand loyal and S&W is my preferred side arm. I have 3 of them. I want this to turn out well because I like that Mossberg is an American company and their products seem top notch. We will see.
  12. WVDeere

940 Pro Tactical

I’ve tried everything I know. It’s headed back to Mossberg to let the pros check it out. Hopefully something simple.
  13. WVDeere

940 Pro Tactical

Update. Went to the range today to see if this thing just need broken in. I bought 100 shells of high brass 1350fps birdshot and had some random boxes of low brass some high velocity buckshot and slugs. They all ran the same. Terrible. After letting the gun sit basically in a CLP bath over...
  14. WVDeere

940 Pro Tactical

Update. Even if I only load 1-3 shells it won’t close when you release the bolt. Also noticed some pretty good gouges from the shells coming forward.
  15. WVDeere

940 Pro Tactical

I have not disassembled the back of the gun. I noticed when I shot the gun yesterday. Fully loaded Fire one round the next hangs up. Barely touch the elevator from the bottom it goes home. Locks back fine empty. When hit release it goes home hard like it should. You can load 7 or 6 rounds in it...
  16. WVDeere

940 Pro Tactical

Update on my issues. I reached out to Mossberg. They emailed me back saying that if the shells are over 2.5 inches long it will probably only hold 6. The forearm is designed to have play. I remedied the popping with a dremel. Still moves but atleast doesn’t make a loud crack. However now I have...
  17. WVDeere

940 Pro Tactical

Has anyone found a solution to the forend popping. Drives me crazy. Makes this gun feel cheap like it doesn’t fit right at all. I’ve tightened everything up. I’d gladly file some material off of the forend if I knew where exactly to start. Was hoping someone had already done it.
  18. WVDeere

940 Pro Tactical

I appreciate it. And yes there are some variances in shells. But only 1 out of 4 brands I tried were able to fit 7 in the mag tube. And it’s close. The others are close to 1/2 inch short of going on. My spring is probably 24-30 inches longer than the tube. It’s a pain to get back in. Just seems...
  19. WVDeere

940 Pro Tactical

At first I had the issue of only loading 5 shells. Once I took the extension loose and adjusted it I can now load 7 low brass shells fine but slugs or buckshot which are a slight bit longer I am about 1/4-1/2 inch shy of getting the 7th one in. I feel like my spring is extremely long. I am going...
  20. WVDeere

Hello from WV/VA line.

Well I’ve had some ups and down with my 940pt the past say 24 hours. First I stripped it and cleaned it. Does mossberg fire these guns at the factory? Mine had some gunk in it. They guys at the gun store jokingly said it shot well. Maybe they werent joking. In the middle of cleaning the trigger...
Back