• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

A gun I don't even remember

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
While sitting and watching the snow falling this morning, I call my Mom to make sure she's alright and to see if she needed anything so I could run to the store for her so she wouldn't have to get out, she said she had everything she needed, and afterwards, we got to talking about other things and she said she was wanted to ask what the make and model was to my first gun that my Dad had given to me.

Right off, I tell her what it was, and she said that she was looking through some old papers and came across an owners manual for an old smith and Wesson shotgun.

She read the model number and the brief description on the cover and said it was a gas operated 12 gauge autoloader.

She asked if it sounded familiar to me and I told her that it wasn't anything that I had ever owned, and we finally decided that it was probably something that my Dad had when he was younger when he still did a lot of hunting, but for the life of me, I can't remember him ever having a shotgun at all, let alone an S&W autoloader.

So, I do a little research, and came across an article that said that S&W did in fact sell one that was made by Howa in Japan, and that Mossberg later offered the same model under their tradename called the Mossberg model 1000 and 1000 super.

She said she'd give me the owners manual the next time I come up. I don't know what all is in it, but she said it had a lot of parts, so I'm assuming there is a parts schematic in there as well.

I'll scan it and post it in the discontinued Mossberg models section if it may would help someone out that may have one.

Until then, here's an interesting article concerning the S&W 1000 and the Mossberg 1000.

http://www.gun-tests.com/special_re...000-american-gunsmith3640-1.html#.VMZQIVZCKcM

Nice....to bad it's not in your possession now...that looks like a beaut...

Back