• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Banning of guns during emergencies?

I know that guns were banned during Katrina in LA. I don't like the laws. One of the only stores, if not the only store, that was not looted during Katrina was the one that was guarded, until the police took their guns, by it's owner.

It seems contradcitory to me that we have the constitution that grants us rights yet we have laws that remove those rights during circumstances when we are in the most need of exercising those rights.

I didn't hear a single story of gun toting gangs running around looting like something out of Mad Max. I've heard several stories of legal gun owners being disarmed just because they possessed guns during the cleanup or stook guard at their business while armed.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2r4MkcMBdQ[/youtube]

I don't understand the mentality of all of the effort put forward to creating laws that says I am only allowed to bear arms in my own home (and even that comes under fire far too often).

I don't want to start ranting and get my facts all jammed up, but I really wish they would stop punishing those people willing to be law obiding citizens by creating laws that make us criminals because there are people willing to let someone else protect them rather than themselves.

Amazing. I'm glad you posted up that video. I had absolutely no idea. You know, I bet if more folks were made more aware of actual things that have and/or could take place, they wouldn't view the NRA as so "radical". It's authority that is getting to be too radical, not the people. Scooping up legally purchased guns from law abiding US citizens?! D*mn. I just got a little shiver. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Back