• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Battery Replacement

nasa

.270 WIN
Every so often, I remember about batteries. Apparently sometimes not often enough.

Found batteries had started to corrode in my marine band 2-way radio even though it was in a sealed bag with desiccant. I was able to clean and recondition the contacts but it could have been easily ruined.

Well today I'm adding battery maintenance to my calendar and "todo" list.

When we think about batteries, usually you think about maybe some lights, remote controls, toys etc.

I making a list and adding to it as need be.
At the least an inspection and voltage check. I have a conditioner for NICad and NIMH

Cars & Trucks, Lawn mower, Uninterruptable power supplies (UPS)
Flash lights, Laptop, Quick Point, Laser, DVM's, Megger, Power tools
Amp Clamp, Temp gun, Visor lights, Smoke detectors, Remote controls
Circuit testers, Tachometer, Calibrator, Fox & hounds (circuit toners)
UHF VHF CB and Marine 2-way radios, X-10 controllers, Stud finder
Laser level, Hands free, Droids and phones, Bore sights, Tactical light
Cameras digital, video and SLRs, Binoculars (range finder with compass)
Trouble lights, Pen lights, Watches, Toys, Clocks, Compass, Language translator
Weather station, Carving knife,

And I'm sure the list might go on and on.

Just don't get caught with your britches down with dead batteries, no spares or worse yet, finding what you really could use and haven't used in a while is ruined by leaking batteries.

Good reminder in this electron dependant society we are in these days.
Anyone ever see “watch” type batteries leak? I haven’t yet.
Has anyone seen CR132 leak ?

This is an excellent reminder. I do spring and fall maintenance on many things, including my survival supplies and equipment. I also avoid storing batteries in the devices in which they will be used. Ideally, I store them in plastic containers. Worst-case scenario, I store them in zip-lock bags. Be sure to store them with the equipment with which they will be used so you have them when you need them.

Back