• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Camo pattern changes for 930

newsalem

Copper BB
I'm trying to deal with camo pattern matching for Mossberg 930 shotguns related to my rifled barrel deer model in Mossy Oak New Breakup. New accessory barrels ordered in the Mossy Oak New Breakup camo finish do not match up visually to this gun. Mossberg has informed me that a mid-production change on 930s with this finish went from a lighter-tone version to a significantly darker one, although the camo name was not changed. I cannot find a source for a new (28") standard vent-rib barrel in the older (lighter) NMOB finish. Mossberg Repair has indicated that they can re-camo an entire gun with the older finish for $180 to match the currently shipping accessory barrels, but that seems pretty extreme. Can someone shed some light on this situation, or perhaps at least know of a source that could re-camo just the new barrel with the older, lighter finish?

I was unaware of this mid cycle change on the Mossberg 930 autoloader with Mossy Oak break up but I will do some searching for you and see if I can track down an older barrel that matches.

After talking to Mossberg customer service, I'm unsure whether the camo color change for the Mossy Oak New Breakup was an official production change decision, or whether an "out-of-spec" supply of the MONB camo film was used to produce a number of 930s. The person I talked to did not know the total number of shotguns that were affected. In any event, they did acknowledge that the color matching problem exists. What I refer to as the "old" pattern is both lighter in tonality, and "warmer" in color hue than other Mossy Oak New Breakup guns.

Back