• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Chinese cyber-attacks threatens America through The Internet of Things

CaddmannQ

Will TIG for Food
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Screenshot_20161023-093144.png

You Can read the rest at CNN

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/23/technology/ddos-cyber-attack-chinese-firm/

but essentially what happened is that thousands of ordinary computerized devices made in China, such as cameras and digital video recorders, have been used as one giant computer to attack US computer networks and companies.

This follows on the heels of Obama's unbelievable decision to turn ICANN over to the New World Order.

I'm bumping this to mention that a HUGE factor in this attack was people who didn't change their router password from the default.

It seems that if you have a router or any WiFi device with a default password, or any WiFi device which doesn't tell you how to change the password in the instructions, you are likely an unknowing part of the BotNet attack.

It seems like not a day goes by anymore that a large hacking attack is not being reported on the news. Everything from government agencies to large companies. I keep my B O B handy.

As it turns out a big part of this attack was not consumer devices but business security cameras and DVRs on large commercial security systems.

This certainly didn't get much traction in the major media news.

Changing passwords is a big thing that most people never think about.

The hack of all those celebs nude phone pics occurred because they never changed their passwords.

I once worked for a company that had multiple databases used for various company functions. I was able to connect to them without help from network services because they all still had the default installation passwords on the DBA accounts.

If the first thing you do when you get into your house is lock the door, you should do the same for your virtual homes.

Back