• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Converting Mossberg 500 to 535 Tactical Turkey?

redletterdays

Copper BB
Hi guys.

Been researching this scenario without any luck for some time now. I recently started hunting and bought a Moss 500 3 barell combo.

I am currently only using the turkey barrell and was wondering if there would be way to get my hands on a 535 tactical turkey stock in Real Tree AP and slap her on??

Is this possible? If yes where could i purchase the stock??

Thanks for any advise

Mike in Canada

hello Mike in Canada. welcome from NY and congrats on your new mossy.
as far as the tactical turkey stock goes, i would give mossberg a call. (800) 363-3555
,,,,and yes a 500 and 535 stock will interchange.
you get a chance post a pick of your 500.

Yes you would be able to use a stock from a model 535 on your 500.

However, keep in mind that the biggest difference in the model 535 is the 3-1/2" chamber. No matter what stock you use, your model 500 will still only be able to handle 2-3/4" and 3" shells. I'm sure you're already aware of this, but just putting it out there for anyone looking in on the thread...

I had a similar thought.
Since I don't have a hunting rifle, would I be able to put a long rifled slug barrel onto my 590(50645)?

^ Not without changing your mag tube.

The longer hunting barrels use the shorter 5-shot tubes. You can convert yours to a shorter model 500 5-shot tube and then be able to use any of the model 500 hunting barrels you like. Or, you can convert to the shorter 590 tube and be able to use any of the model 835 hunting barrels. Just keep in mind that with the 835 barrels you will still only be able to shoot up to 3" shells...

Yeah, I thought so. Looked up a Youtube video to see if the magazine tube can be easily removed. First video was a guy installing a new tube because he broke the original while trying to remove it from the receiver. Maybe he's an idiot. Or maybe they are held in place with LocTite red.
Hmmm... Maybe I'll just buy some rifled slugs instead.

Back