• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Every Day Carry (EDC) Items on a Plane

Mudinyeri

20g
"Philanthropist"
We all know it's pretty much a crap-shoot as to what the TSA will take away from you at any given airport on any given day. However, here is a list of useful EDC items that the TSA's website lists as approved for your carry-on luggage:

1. Scissors - metal with pointed tips and blades shorter than four inches
Editorial Comment: I would assume rounded tips like those on medical shears would also be OK since pointed tips are OK. However, I haven't yet traveled with a pair to know for sure.
2. Tools (seven inches or less in length)
3. Screwdrivers (seven inches or less in length)
4. Wrenches and Pliers (seven inches or less in length)
Editorial Comment: Anything, like a Leatherman, with a sharp blade would not be allowed.
5. Common Lighters (not allowed in checked baggage, however)

For reference, here is the Prohibited Items PDF from the TSA's website: http://www.tsa.gov/assets/pdf/prohibite ... ochure.pdf

This is a great thread. I travel frequently and there is nothing worse than having your item taken from you because its not allowed.

I probably logged close to 100,000 air miles with my ResQMe on my keychain util I finally had to take my keys out of my pocket for one of the full-body image scans. The TSA agent-in-charge at the checkpoint decided it was too dangerous for me to carry for another 100,000 air miles.

See the deadly blade in there ...?

41-FdhHydvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Back