• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fall Season Trail Cam Pics

That one elk is a MONSTER! We dont have elk, bear and mountain lion here... I may need to move!

It adds a whole new spin on it when you arent the top of the food chain.....

Nice Elk pics....would be a 6 piont here in OR

Yes it does make things different.

Much different actually.

I used to go camping all the time when I was growing up. Never had a worry about anything like bears or cats or packs of coyotes.

Unfortunately, with as much stuff that is here in these woods now, I don't feel safe taking or letting my kids experience the same things I did. And I think that's a huge disservice to them.

Many of the Bears in the area are in the 500+ range. We had one at the house not long ago that tried to fight with my dog and it was so big that my wife is scared (and rightfully so) to walk from the car port to the house without lights on at night now.

I'll be honest, I was trembling when I came back in the house.

And the state flat out denies that there are any big cats in the eastern portion of the US. But I know better. It's not uncommon to hear stories about people seeing them around these parts.

Shooter13, I was going to PM you where I live, but your PM is turned off and I couldn't. I really don't want to say on the open forum. I'm OCD about my privacy.

The place where most of the pictures was taken is on our families property, which does adjoin a state nature preserve that has about 3100 acres of protected land, so we get a lot of "spillover" onto our land from that.

But it always was good hunting grounds even before the state bought so much property beside of ours a few years back.

Understood John...no problem...but with that range of animal activity, I wasn't too far off imagining you were next to state/federal protected wilderness.

You're a lucky man to have those kinds of neighbors...

I was looking for a Trail Cam and came across this website. It looks like it has been updated recently and has a TON of useful information about trail cams, setup and some issues you wouldn't necessarily think of right away. I liked it so much I book marked it to go back and refer to occasionally. Happy reading.
http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=4

Paul

I put the camera back out a little while back. Have already gotten more than 150 pictures of everything from crows and raccoons to turkey, deer, elk and bear.

If you guys can't tell, this is one of my favorite past times. :mrgreen:

trailcam4202012089.jpg

trailcam4202012126.jpg

trailcam4202012090.jpg

trailcam4202012131.jpg

trailcam4112012038.jpg

Nice pics John.

I don't know why but I always like seeing pics of different animals together. Deer always seem so skittish when I'm hunting, it just seems weird somehow to see them sharing a salt lick with a raccoon or whatever.

Yeah, I've gotten several pictures of different species all in the same image.

I enjoy seeing stuff like that too.

A lot of people would probably label me as a big hunting enthusiast (and I do like to hunt and fish and be outdoors when I'm able), but I'll be honest, I get just as excited to see what's on the memory card and can't wait to get home to put it in the computer to see what "I caught this time" as I do when the clock rings on opening morning. It's hard to explain, but I truly enjoy just being outdoors whther I am hunting or not.

With a camera, it's out there watching even when I'm in the bed asleep. And I think it is very fun just to be able to see all this stuff that otherwise I would never be able to see.

I guess being an outdoorsman is in my blood. My whole family is like that, and probably why I'm the way I am too.

I can relate. I love seeing stuff on the camera's I've been amazed by the stuff that appears there only minutes after I leave or arrive.

While some use them very strategically to track and pattern game. I just like to see whats out and about.

Nice pics Mud. I have 2 trail cameras. A Stealth and a Moultrie. I love how some of the animals will put their noses right up to the camera and strike a pose for you. I will post them soon. I have one of a moose sticking her eyeball right up to the lens. We also get the occasional bear that like to try and rip the cameras from the trees here. Not to mention a few clowns that try to steal them. Last fall someone walked up to my camera and stole the memory card right out of my Moultrie. That's why i usually just buy the lower end models. I've known a few people that spent hundreds on a camera only to find it missing when they went to retrieve it.

Took my camera down for the winter and will hopefully put it back out around April 1 next year.

Here are the last few photos on the camera for the year before the batteries went dead.

12 turkeys. This is the most I have ever had in a single picture, and that was despite taking 2 out of the equation that we ate for Thanksgiving dinner.

trail cam 122214 033.JPG

Battle damaged bull elk that appears to have been determined to pass his genes on to a lucky mate.

trail cam 122214 048.JPG

And a few little does that I passed on this last Archery season to let them get a little bigger for next fall.

trail cam 122214 019.JPG

Very cool John. I havent pulled my cards in about a month. Seasons end Jan 1 so ill be collecting some of mine next week. I have a couple still at my cabin that will have to wail til spring thaw. It will be a good longevity test for the batts and cameras themselves.

Back