• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Firing Slugs thru my flex 590

:D still smiling from the first shoot..... :lol:

went out to fire her again yesterday.... you know i couldnt resist the fun from the first day......

the first day, i put 50 rounds (00buck) thru her and yesterday when i got to the range, all they had for sale was slugs, so i got about 45 slugs to try it out.....and ZOMBIE targets too :mrgreen:

well, apparently the "FUN" caught up to my sholder after about 4 slugs, and man, i wasnt expecting that.
needless to say, i took my time and only fired off about 5 rounds at a time, and took a bit longer this time to fire.......but it was still a blast....

all in all, the last 2 days i put 90 rounds thru her and she didnt miss a beat....
taking xmas off from shooting, but i already have plans to go tomorrow....cant wait. :cool:

heres my round 2 outing video.....enjoy.
(moved the target out to 15yds, and changed my stance a bit to minimize recoil)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjl2DSCOTus[/youtube]

very cool. I love shooting slugs. If you want less shoulder beating look into a limbsaver slip on recoil pad.

Water Monkey said:
very cool. I love shooting slugs. If you want less shoulder beating look into a limbsaver slip on recoil pad.

yeah im thinking about that now,
i wanted the ATI scorpion but pad, but not compatible with my 6-position collapseable stock, nor slip on.
i looked for the slip on style ones, but searches have not been to good, just the same one i have now seems to be comming up for some reason. :evil:

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Check out this Limbsaver model 10019...

Limbsaver: AR-15/M4 Snap On Recoil Pad

This one snaps in place over the end of an AR-type retractable stock...

sweet L.E.S., thanks.
didnt think to look thru AR15/M4 stuff for the stock.....i was searching shotgun pads, and the UTG PRO brand on the stock.

now its not as sweet looking as the ATI scorpion buttstock pad, but looks better that the paper thin pad i got on mine :lol:

Back