• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

GRS, and Railed GRS that will fit the 590A1 receiver

I've searched this site and most of the world wide web and I have been unable to find a list of what GRS and Railed GRS will mount onto the 590A1 receiver using the factory drilled mounting holes. I have been able to find different answers for the same sights which makes it even more confusing.

Does an accurate list exist?

Can we start one here?

Everyone just start posting specific sights, GRS, and Railed GRS and whether or not they will mount on using factory holes or if you have to have additional holes drilled and tapped in your receiver.

I submit the first request.

Will this XS Railed GRS, featured on the Blackwater edition, mount directly onto a 590A1 receiver without having additional holes drilled and tapped?

Not trying to be confusing, but if it will mount directly onto the receiver, and you have the front sight for the factory Mossberg GRS already on your barrel. Can you buy a taller front sight dovetailed that you can push/tap into the front sight base that will make the front sight tall enough to work with this Rear XS Railed GRS?

Well I thought a lot of people would like to know what railed and unrailed sights would bolt right onto the receiver. I know I did.

I ended up ordering the stock Mossberg GRS set because that's the only one I know for sure will bolt right onto the receiver.

Back