• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gun Rack

JT10

.270 WIN
My buddy built a house upstate New York a few years ago. Had some stuff done by contractors and a bunch of friends helped out with the finish, trim, electrical etc. I wasn't around during the time the house was being built but I was up there this spring for turkey season. There were 5 of us hunting his property. We really had no good place to store our guns when we were back at the house. I offered to make a gun rack for his house and this is what I came up with. I used wood from my sons loft bed that we took down last winter. Not sure what kind of wood it is but the finish is nice and it was good dimensionally. Pretty much designed it as I went. There are two shelves to accommodate short rifles or long barrel shotguns.

Thought I'd share some pictures. It was fun to make

Last edited:
Looks good from here. It's a gun rack. It does what it needs. Nicely done sir....

Looks good to me. I would add some felt in the notches that the barrels fall into.

Looks like you did fine to me.

I especially like the 2 different height rails for different size barrels. That was well thought out.

I am a BIG fan of repurposing! Outstanding Job! :) I also like working with wood--gives me a break from metal...

Thank you everyone for your kind words. VERY much appreciated.

Bobster - We tried to sell the old loft bed but couldn't find anyone. So I took it apart and tried to save as much of the long boards as I could. It was just not in me to chuck it or burn it so its been stacked in the garage since last winter.

Deog - I also like the idea of putting some felt or even leather in the notches. I may still do that.

Thanks again everyone.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. VERY much appreciated.

Bobster - We tried to sell the old loft bed but couldn't find anyone. So I took it apart and tried to save as much of the long boards as I could. It was just not in me to chuck it or burn it so its been stacked in the garage since last winter.

Deog - I also like the idea of putting some felt or even leather in the notches. I may still do that.

Thanks again everyone.

Waste not, want not...

Back