• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How Conservatives Hurt Their Cause

honkey

.270 WIN
I normally avoid political discussions because they turn nasty so much of the time, but maybe this one can remain friendly. Full disclosure, I tend to lean to the left on many issues. However, I do not vote based on party lines. I weigh the pros and cons of each candidate and vote based on what I decide is most important to me. One issue is not a make or break for me for any candidate.
Now, I have been reading more about gun laws and checking out discussions on forums. It seems to me that on a lot of other forums, pro-gun posters come across as being very ignorant. For example, the title of a topic on another forum was "has barack obama did things against the constitution?" and then the post had all kinds of grammatical errors and hardly made any sense. The replies were largely the same. It make same wonder how many of these people just repeat things that they hear and don't actually know what they are talking about.
On top of that, some posts get so extreme that it does make some of the stereotypes of gun owners seem real, even if that is not the case. A lot of the posts I read on other forums do make gun owners seem like paranoid rednecks. Especially when they say things along the lines of "Barack Obama is a Muslim and therefore shouldn't be allowed to be president." It looks bad to see things like this to people that are neutral about guns. It could make them think that this is the way all gun owners are and it casts all of us in a negative light.
While I may not agree with everybody on here about other issues (since I am assuming most people here vote in a more conservative manner), I would not attack your beliefs. I am interested in seeing how you guys feel about the way people portray themselves online as it relates to gun laws.
One of the reasons I like this forum so much more than others is because people tend to come off as intelligent, thoughtful people and everyone seems to make sure that their responses are submitted in a fashion that is easy to understand. Hopefully, this topic can stay away from the dirty types of arguing that normally fall upon these threads.

Without getting into specifics or politics, I will only say that I do believe that gun owners are their own worst enemies. A quick search of YouTube will drive that fact home

MikeD said:
Without getting into specifics or politics, I will only say that I do believe that gun owners are their own worst enemies. A quick search of YouTube will drive that fact home

This is very true also. Some of the YouTube videos make me cringe. There are only a few users I will watch handle guns on YouTube. Hickock45 being the main one that I enjoy watching.

I don't force my views ( politics / religion ) on anyone...and don't allow anyone to force their views on me. End of discussion...

Too much foolishness has gone on both Republican and Democratic leadership. I'm not truly satisfied with either of them.

But the last few years, we've went to hell in a hand basket.

John A. said:
Too much foolishness has gone on both Republican and Democratic leadership. I'm not truly satisfied with either of them.

That about sums it up for me too!

John A. said:

Bingo!

In all seriousness, I think we should be allowed to have guns. At the same time I do agree that some people have made us look like idiots. This includes anything and everything to do with this zombie apocalypse. Not to mention all the tacticool crap. Guns are not toys, and should never be considered as such. This is not a game. They are dangerous. In my case, as an avid hunter, I use them to kill things and I've seen the damage they can do to living things. Many people don't quite understand what a gun can do.

Also, at this point, I would not give my life or anything else to defend either party. They are all fools looking to make a buck and they don't care what they have to do to make it. :evil:

The last 3 years have been the worse by far bar none. It's like they're power drunk and are trying to get as much carnage in their short majority rule as they can do.

Bush II hurt our freedoms with the patriot act and set a lot of wheels in motion that are still turning and hurting us even today.

Clinton did a decent job with oversea's diplomacy, but I still didn't like or agree with a lot of his views and actions, and especially the weapons bans.

I will remember him as a liar by not inhaling, and not having sex with that woman as much or more than I will remember how balanced the national economy was when he left office, he was still a liar.

Don't even get me started how biased the media is/was at that time pushing their agenda like a puppet on a string (unfortunately, it's gotten even worse).

Bush sr. wasn't too bad

Reagan hurt us immensely moving companies overseas. yet he was a fantastic negotiator and had a pretty good sense of humor when it came to Russian jokes (and he told a lot of them too)

I dont' think I'll ever forget where he was joking around with some reporters and didn't think the microphone was on and he made a statement that we were launching our nukes in 5 minutes and moscow heirarchy evacuated :lol:

You gotta admit, that was priceless http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv13ZnkpWos

Carter wasn't very good at anything in particular, but is still better than obama's best day.

nixon did what everyone else was doing, but he got caught at it.

Do I need to go back further?

its been longer than we have been alive that the front man could really be blamed for anything...far from the root in my opinion.....thats it I aint talking on this anymore.

Back