• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I Heart Cops

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Thank you to my brother Nitesite…….He made the bullets !

We are going to shoot them two weeks from today, let you know how they do
Crappy cell pics but here they are
Our 2 press set up
0414121606a95297050.jpg

0414121620b95300688.jpg

230 gr Lee hardcast wheelweights 45ACP , 8 Grains of Alliant Accurate #5.
0414121649a95238465.jpg

230 Grain Laser Cut 45ACP, 8 grainf of Alliant Accurate #5
0414121703a95300408.jpg

BTW some of the 3 or 4 of the Federal brass wouldn’t take a primer for nothing, opened up the pocket and everything, the pocked actually looked noticeably smaller…?

I am going to send back the die this week.

Very cool!
I try to keep my small and large primer pocket brass separate, I only have about 100 small(rookie mistake)
Best of luck and have fun!

oli~~~~ wow! Great looking setup and the finished ammo looks like factory!

Did a few pieces of brass I sent have small primer pockets? I am so sorry. Some Federal and CCI Blazer Brass (owned by ATK/Alliant) have recently gone to using small pistol primers. Can't imagine why they'd do that, but it's aggrevating. If you got three or four cases like that from me I'm sorry. During the sizing and flaring steps it doesn't ever get noticed or become a problem and I suppose a couple sneaked thru. I'd ask for a freakin' refund if I were you!

Anyway, the ammo looks good. I think it'll shoot good, too! How did the chamber checks go with the Lee bullets?????

Love the sign and the "I Heart Cops" sticker!!!!! :) I hope you have a terrific experience in two weeks.

No worries on the brass I just didn’t know there were two kinds. The drop test went good, the Lee we did 2.27 oal and the laser cut was 2.23. They cycle well and fit in the magazine.

One other thing. The only primers we had were Winchester Standard OR Magnum large….., seems kind of weird they are good for both I guess they are ok or they wouldn’t put it on the box in big letters.

Sweet set up Oli!

I keep telling myself I need to get into making my own castings. Both shotgun and soon to be 9mm.

Back