• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

It's not much to look at, but I've got a workstation

honkey

.270 WIN
press.jpg

I had some spare wood laying around from my arcade machine build and I made a table with it. The top is MDF and the legs are just 3 foot long pieces of wood. I eyeballed the angles and hammered it together. Not pretty, but functional.

Please excuse the mess... I kind of let a mess build up during finals week (Naturally, that explains the beer cans :lol: ) and I haven't cleaned up yet.

Nice. A little tip for your top...put some 2x4 support under it. From leg to leg. Mdf wiill sag. So you some support under it near the edge. Especially close to your press.....

It'll certainly work, but much better with the support underneath suggested by ripjack13. And some weight across the back will help prevent tipping.

Your experience will, of course, dictate but after trying it out for a while you might find that moving the press more to the right will help if you're seated at your workstation (for a right hander).

I'm glad to see you making progress! You'll love shooting your own ammo!

Looks like a good start.

As others have already mentioned put some support under there. Running a press can put a lot of strain on a bench.

Congrats! Plus one on additional support. Maybe tie the legs together with a length of board a well to keep them from doing a split on us. You're on your way!

I agree with MikeD. I bought an old office desk which was heavy enough but i also added a plywood top and sides that were a little longer to give it a better working height. Make a small raised platform for your scale too so that you're not resting your chin on the bench to get eye level with your scale readings. I'll post a pic of my set up to give you an idea.

Here's my setup honkey. Maybe give you a few ideas for yours. Notice the platform my scale sits on? It will make it a lot easier for you. Before, i had to slide my chair back every time to see what my scale read. Maybe add a backboard like mine to hang some tools on like your funnel and other accessories along with a couple of small shelves. A power bar will also be handy to plug in a light, tumbler etc.
DSC064842.jpg

Hey Gary, I like what you did with yours. Thanks for sharing a pic of it! I will probably add some of the same things to mine. This was all the wood I had left. I will definitely add supports and I like those shelves on yours.

Nice start to a reloading bench! When I move out of my current house I plan to set one up of my own. I look forward to seeing yours develop.

Back