• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

LPA trigger for Model 500 pumps

trotline

.22LR
Supporter
I want to improve my model 500 triggers for better performance with the rifled slug barrels because the folks at OF Mossberg won't sell me or my gunsmith LPA trigger assemblies. Does anyone know where I can find out how to improve the Mossberg 500 triggers for reduced pull weight, crisp, clean etc. etc. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Your gunsmith should be able to give you a trigger job. Smoothing the sear and hammer face should help a lot to get rid of any grittiness and give you a cleaner break. I don’t know if you can come up with lighter springs or not readily….apparently Wolff only carries mag tube springs. If your gunsmith has a variety of springs and a known poundage for those springs or a way to measure the weight he could probably work out a lighter hammer spring by matching the length of the oem spring to a lighter spring of the same length. You might have to do a little trial and error on different shells to make sure the hammer still strikes hard enough to ignite any shell reliably. Keep looking till you find a gunsmith that can at least polish the sear and hammer because that really isn’t hard to do. I also think Aimpro ,a vendor here, will work on your trigger.

Welcome to the site

Back