• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MVP LC under forend thread size?

Daryll

.270 WIN
This is a bit of a strange one....
On the bottom of the forend of the MVP LC there are 4 threaded holes, presumably for fitting a pic rail.
Anyone know, or can find out, what thread they are..?

I have a spare bit of rail intended for Key Mod... the hole spacing is right, but the keymod bolts don't fit the threaded holes.

TIA
Daryll.

I couldn't tell you what size threaded holes Mossberg uses. I can tell you what the US company MagPul uses and that is 10-24 machine thread. That is a random piece of that size threaded rod and the bottom screw of the MBUS shown. Also shown is an Asian import rail with metric M-Lok attachment adapters and those are 5mm-.80 pitch. An inexpensive import rail set I just picked up was all 5-.80 adapters. :rolleyes: MagPul's genuine M-Lok Picatinny rail kits will include 10-24 threaded adapters and screws which is what THEY use... Fortunately the import adapters will work in M-Lok holes. A couple random internet pics of M-Lok attachments... Article of interest LINK

picrailjob.jpg magpul-mlok-carbine-handguard-fde-2816865295.jpg maxresdefault.jpg

Thanks Bobster... the bit of rail I had was Chinese, so presumably 5-.80 thread... so we know Mossberg didn't use that.

I'll see if I can ask Mosberg directly...

Daryll

Just an update...
I contacted Mossberg and they're just come back and said "...should be 10-32 UNF, but if that's not it, you would need to contact the manufacturer of the stock, which is likely MDT."

Just an update...
I contacted Mossberg and they're just come back and said "...should be 10-32 UNF, but if that's not it, you would need to contact the manufacturer of the stock, which is likely MDT."
10-32 UNF Unified National Fine and 10-24 UNC Unified National Coarse. The 32 and 24 are the number of threads per inch (pitch). We call those "standard" around here (as opposed to metric) and either fine or coarse.

It is good that Mossberg got back to you. Do update when you determine the actual thread size and pitch. :)

Back