• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My Maverick 88 12 Ga.

Craigslist can be a good resource sometimes. I wanted a 28" barrel for my 500 a while back. I had other shotguns so I wasn't in a huge hurry. Looked on CL somewhat daily for a couple of weeks typing "Mossberg" into the search. Then one day a brand new still in the package 28" barrel w 3 chokes popped up for $75. It was a very fair deal and he was only ten minutes away. Still though, I offered him $50 cause I'm "that guy" and we struck a deal

Slap a short barrel on her, but a Mesa 6 shot side saddle and a Tru Glo bead... that's my vote :)

Maverick 88s are great for a budget and reliable firearm around the house or property. The fact they except practically everything the Mossberg takes is a huge plus. I know they started with Pinned forends but I have seen any for a long time

Just keep in mind that firearms are not permitted on CL, although sometimes an ad will escape the liberal weenie "flaggers" who have nothing better to do than flag people's posts. :rolleyes:

Yeah, firearms definitely violate the CL "terms of use" and will be flagged. Although parts and components don't fit this definition, anti gun/anti freedom zealots with an axe to grind will usually flag these ads too. I see guns for sale/trade on there all the time. I wouldn't personally buy one. First, aint no telling where that gun came from. Even with a bill of sale, I personally am a little weary of buying a gun from a random person I don't know. Second, they're usually ridiculously over priced. WASR 10 w/ $100 worth of Crapco $h!t on is now worth $1,200 or a $275 Sigma w an extra mag and Uncle Mikes $10 Walmart special holster for $450...

Back