• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My new 930 Combo

Dirtweed

.22LR
Hey Guys

Nothing too exciting about this, but it's my first Mossberg. I own a half dozen 1100s and have a browning or two, but never tried Mossberg. I wanted something to handle 3" turkey loads for this spring so I found this deal (new) for less than what my local just wanted for a Field 930 in Walnut.

The plan is to send it off to Color and Camo and get it dipped in Max-4 after spring Turkey season.

WP_20140405_17_20_16_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
The 930 worked perfectly out of the box today shooting trap. The rubberband shell catcher thing was a pain in the
back side, but it works great. Now to clean it out and take it next weekend to see how it shoots with the new TruLocke
Turkey choke.

I forgot I had this post. I took the 930 out turkey hunting this spring and there were no turkeys to be had. Where there were
plenty last year there were only a few this year. I think the winter was a bit hard on the flock last winter. I just had the 930
dipped at Color and Camo in Illinois and they did a perfect job. I like that they put a clear coat over the pattern to make it a
bit tougher.

My friend just bought a bunch of property and some of it is farmed and had corn on it this year. Think I'm going to try for some
geese this fall. I haven't hunted geese in 30 yrs.

original.jpg

I think I messed up the bolt when I cleaned it as it was not moving forward enough and I was getting light taps
by the hammer. With all that I did shoot two 24s on the Trap field today....best I have ever shot. Once I fix
the bolt I might just use this for trap from now on. :)

Back