• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

OF Mossberg Decals, Patches...

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
Thanks to our member "Shaner", I find myself with a handful of OF Mossberg decals, a couple of patches, and! A couple of pocket knives!

These are just like the OFM logo, the blue and gold/yellow with the crowns. Blue field with yellow cross and yellow writing. The knives are regular sized pocket knives with a philips screw driver tip and a pretty decent blade. They are made in Solingen Germany.

What I'd like to do is come up with a clever way of handing the stuff out.

There are only a couple of patches. There are I think 5 larger stickers, about 3 inches wide and like 6 smaller stickers about 1 1/2" wide. One of the larger stickers has a lighter color yellow than the rest.

There are only 2 pocket knives. Both are blue with yellow writing.

Hey Brad,

I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10. If you can guess the number, I get one of the patches...

How about....

Set a date and time, and come up with a topic that has to do with either Mossberg or Mossberg Owners. Then make it a quiz. The first one correct gets one of their/your choice.
Another idea is to select something Dan or you has said/posted and the first person to find it wins one of their/your choice. Or you could make it like a radio station call in thing , but just pick the 6th & 9th poster.

Enter an essay contest, the one that you like the best wins.

Lazy! Thats amazing the symbiotic connection goin on there! Like we're twins that went to different schools together!!!

Ripjack, I'm diggin the ideas, I wanna be fair as much as I'm able and I like the idea of finding a post or thread, or "the first one" wins. But I know not everyone gets on here the same times I do.

So it may be however many get it right and while supplies last.

OH! I wanna mention on those patches, the colors are lighter than the rest of the stickers. Its not a "royal blue" or yellow... but lighter paler shades. Make sense?

Hi, as someone new here I have an idea, how about a trade or exchange - Mossberg sent me a couple of cool tactical stickers because I emailed them. - Just a thought.

Rossignol said:
Ripjack, I'm diggin the ideas, I wanna be fair as much as I'm able and I like the idea of finding a post or thread, or "the first one" wins. But I know not everyone gets on here the same times I do.

So it may be however many get it right and while supplies last.

ripjack13 said:
Set a date and time, and come up with a topic that has to do with either Mossberg or Mossberg Owners. Then make it a quiz. The first one correct gets one of their/your choice.

that's why i said that....^^^

knowhatimean?

Oooh fun!! I like the "essay" idea.... Or something that has to do with creativity to come up with something. I don't know... Just talking out loud. Even a topic and we would have to submit a photo that we take ourselves to represent whatever the topic is about. For instance: gun safety... Then each person creatively interprets their idea/meaning of gun safety into a photo. No rules, anything goes, each person would have the ability to be creative and different. Each member that wants to participate will submit the photo to your email and then you could post a voting thread (the persons who took the photos will remain anonymous) and then everyone votes on their favorite photo/interpretation.. That makes each person have a fair chance without anyone playing favoritism for another member. most votes wins

Another idea could be..... You take a photo of a clear jar, bucket, whatever.... Loaded with empty shotgun shells and we each get to guess how many are inside. That would be an easy, fun one to win a sticker or something.

FIRST, I'm not joining into this thread to get on any availability list. I'm off any list to be considered.

GLG2 is on to something.

I don't believe that EVERYBODY who wants to particate can jump into the interweb at a particular date & time and then answer some quiz or whatever. "Real-time" entries won't work fairly because of widely varying work/sleep cycles.

I've given away dozens of Karma Giveaways on the interwebs to gun folks, and sometimes it just came down to having everyone enter their name during perhaps a week-long thread. And then close the eligibility and wait for a random drawing on a specific date and time. Nobody had to be logged on at that exact moment of picking a name to "win". If after randomly selecting by means of using my youngest kid or a Labrador Retreiver and then announcing "The Winner!!!!" and waiting 48-hrs and I still got no response; I went back online and opened up the thread for another 24-hours to any new members who wished to add their entries. Then I drew again using another neutral disinterested 3rd party. Or the same Lab dog.

I disagree with the premise that the first person to correctly answer a question posed at (say for instance) 6:00 pm Mountain time should be the definitive method.

ripjack13 said:

that's why i said that....^^^

knowhatimean?[/quote]

:lol: Oooops! How did I miss that! BUT!

ripjack13 said:
^point taken.

Agreed, good points and I appreciate the advice and insights. I have a few ideas now! I have used my kids too to draw names from a hat, literally draw names from a hat. So I could go with that... I also like to see folks being creative. I think we could do some "open mic night" stuff!

Alright, I think I know what I'm doin! Thanks folks! ;)

That was very nice of both of you Shaner and Rossignol.

Going to give you both rep points for that.

Even if I dont' win anything. :cool:

If you want a quiz answer entered (a great idea BTW) to ensure active interest and participation, have the answer PM'd to you and then announce all the submitted names that are in the hat for a random drawing set for a specific day/time.... ????????? ;)

As you can see by my ideas, I used to be a dj. :geek: so I was still in the radio friendly zone..... :oops:

Back